Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW LAKE OF THE WOODS TACKLE SHOP IN KENORA ONTARIO

RE: NEW LAKE OF THE WOODS TACKLE SHOP IN KENORA ONTARIO

LOL Ryan,

I'll bet. Just about as many 35" walleye lost out there as well.

I hope this works out well for you and Darcy. I know I'll be frequent your place at least few times yet this season. Its nice to see new buisness popping up in this economy and I think everyone should stop in and check it out.

Good luck

Jeez, where were you guys 3 years ago the last time I was up visiting the in-laws, they had a cottage out on Route Bay just off of Bigstone. Being on the best Musky Lake in the world, Kenora had very very little by way of Musky gear available between Zdeps, Sunset Strip Husky, and Sunset Baits. Sunset Strip Husky was bringing in some pretty nice stuff (best selection I saw of St Croix rods north of Bass Pro in Vaughan) but not too much by way of reels and baits, not to mention decent leaders. Good to see somebody stepping up and putting their money into a well stocked store. Piece of advice from a businessman, have some high end walleye and bass gear as well. Lots of people visiting your store that are up on vacation spending thousands of dollars aren't going to agonize over the purchase of a $4-500 rod/reel that they see in front of them, they'll buy it on impulse or need. Best of luck guys!!!! I hope to get back up there next year and do some more fishing.

Jeez, where were you guys 3 years ago the last time I was up visiting the in-laws, they had a cottage out on Route Bay just off of Bigstone. Being on the best Musky Lake in the world, Kenora had very very little by way of Musky gear available between Zdeps, Sunset Strip Husky, and Sunset Baits. Sunset Strip Husky was bringing in some pretty nice stuff (best selection I saw of St Croix rods north of Bass Pro in Vaughan) but not too much by way of reels and baits, not to mention decent leaders. Good to see somebody stepping up and putting their money into a well stocked store. Piece of advice from a businessman, have some high end walleye and bass gear as well. Lots of people visiting your store that are up on vacation spending thousands of dollars aren't going to agonize over the purchase of a $4-500 rod/reel that they see in front of them, they'll buy it on impulse or need. Best of luck guys!!!! I hope to get back up there next year and do some more fishing.

Ryan and Darcy,

It's obviously a difficult time for many businesses, and I enjoy your posts on this board, so obviously you have customer skills, which is always a big help.

Best wishes,

Ryan and Darcy,

It's obviously a difficult time for many businesses, and I enjoy your posts on this board, so obviously you have customer skills, which is always a big help.

Best wishes,

Hello Ryan--- Please let me know how I can get in touch with you.

If interested, take a look www.catstaillures.com

:) Rog Williamson Owner

I'd like to know how to get there so I can stop in next July.

It's right on the water in front of the Safeway grocery store in Kenora. It is in the same building as the laundromat, you just have to walk around the back to see the entrance. Great selection of baits, and both guys are very knowledgeable as they are guides in the area. Definitely the best store in the area. You can even try out the baits on their dock.

Thanks for the compliments guys... Ryan will be happy to hear them.

Just so you guys know, we also have a quite a good selection or Bass and Walleye gear. We tried to specifically stay with the high end and unique products, especially in the Bass world. We have quite a big customer base that consists of Bass tournament fisherman and we are trying our hardest to cater to them. We have almost all of the high end rods and reels from Shimano and St.Croix in stock.

Ksauers- Easy to find. There's a sign up now too. Just park in the Laundromat parking lot and you can't miss it. You can also arrive by boat and tie-up on our docks out front. To get there by boat just head toward the Best Western Tower!

PS- The count is up to 3 ski's casting off the front docks with a 4 footer being the biggest!

Darcy, when are you guys opening this year ?
    Thx Paul