Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: This is big

RE: This is big

Guys, I wasnt trying to kill the post. Just adding a little humor.....at least I thought it was funny.

Congrats to the lucky anger!

Jason

Can anyone explain why his shirt looks like it just came out of the clothes dryer? Completely clean, dry, no slime, wrinkle-free... after grappling a fish like that?

Kind of breaks your heart to think that this fish died by just trying to eat a big juicy passerby, and his mistake makes one man very, very happy. That's if you think about it too much. Truth is, that fish is one hot momma, congrats to the man who stands with the beast and a clean shirt.

>>>Can anyone explain why his shirt looks like it just came out of >>>the clothes dryer? Completely clean, dry, no slime, wrinkle->>>free... after grappling a fish like that?

Maybe because he didn't get the shirt dirty yet, the fish didn't splash him, or get slime on him....For God Sakes though I can not explain why his shirt doesn't have any wrinkles in it though....
    :+

Whats the point?

BTW, congratulations to the angler on an excellent fish!

Wish it was in my boat!!!

Keep on chuckin!!!

Post #14 picture #2 by "Hellraiser" aka Captian Hook...Is that the bait(white) in its mouth?

Great fish and congrats!

Anyone who thinks he should have put it back is crazy. The board would be filled with people doubting it was really 54 inches. Great job tom! Kh

Anyone who thinks he should have released that fish is crazy. He has fished for long enough to make his own decision. Same bunch that would then be doubting its size due to the angle of the sun. Way to go tom! Kh

"I couldn't disagree with you more. Yes replicas have come a long way in the last 10 or 20 years but they are still fake and when you look at them it is very obvious that it's fake. Fittante and Lax do GREAT jobs on their repros but every one of them I ever looked at I could tell it was a repro from 30' away.

If I'm going to put something on my wall it's going to be the real thing, not a fake that anybody can order and pay for. I have no desire to put a musky on the wall but if I did it would get whacked!"
    ____

jigstop's post is right on the money.

I've said this before, replicas do not cut it for me, never will.

Must be a silent majority, but I have a hard time reconciling the overwhelming support for these things -- the comparison in authenticity/quality is self evident to me.

Replicas look way too fake. Shiny, synthetic, nonbelievable and impersonal.

If I ever mount one, it'll be the real thing.

Good for you...!! I agree! A well done skin mount has an intrinsic value that a replica will never possess.

"Yeah, fish do swallow lures - get a hookpick! There's no question in my mind having one has saved fish for me: http://www.muskytackleonline.com/acatalog/Tools.html

They're made for fish that have swallowed baits. I have no stake in the product, but believe a release tool set is incomplete without one. It's clear after using one of these that while you don't need it often, when you do it works way better than a hookout or pliers. $12 is worth it to save the life of any musky."

Gotta agree with Waldo on this! I know of a 57" that age a bulldawg that is still swimming because of the hookpick!!

Muskie regards,
    Larry Ramsell
    www.larryramsell.com