Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Difference between Ranger 619 and 620 ?

RE: Difference between Ranger 619 and 620 ?

Hi Marty:

Not trying to "tell" you anything ... maybe trying to point out the Saric obsession, but that's it. I just wanted to point out how easy this really is.

Also, I neglected on my previous post to note that my rod tip-tops have never hung up on the cut-off tubes.

This really is so simple and beneficial that it's one of the first things I do when I get my new boat each year.

Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

I was just "funnin" there, no worries, I truly appreciate the help with technical stuff not being too much of a "wrench" myself. I guess the only serious thing you could take from my post was the lamentation that I have finally accepted about Lowrance becoming a 2nd tier provider for sonar. I am really disappointed with the fall from grace. One tech thing I did find out, is that while the new generation of big Rangers will accept the largest Lowrance model for "in dash" mounting, the biggest "bird" with its more rectangle shape will only work with a gimbel mount. Not entirely sure which Ranger I will get this winter, but totally sure I'm getting the "Birds."

Hi Marty:

If you need any assistance or have any questions regarding your H-bird purchase, you know who to e-mail or call.

Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

I decided that if Jim Saric doesn't need to use a rod locker--neither do I. Wow another bromance.

The 620's horn is much louder than a 619's. :-)

S.W Mi for now but moving back to N.E Ohio
    Hi Steve,
    I know this is an old thread but I figured you would have the answers I am looking for.
    How do the Hulls of the VS compare to the new FS ? I mean do FS's still have that awesome Bow flare the VS's were known for ?

I noticed you had said the front deck on the 619 and 620 vs were the same...Would this also be true in the new FS 619 and 620 ? I have seen two guys fishing on a 620 FS front deck with no problems and wanted to make sure it would be the same on the 619FS...

The New 619FS has got my full attention........
    Thank you
    Jim

The hulls are very similar...all the good stuff about the old ones is in the new ones.

The front deck is the same scenario...no problem fishing two up front in the 619FS or 620 FS

I can (barely) get a couple nine footers in my 620FS rod locker after cutting off the tube tips...nice.

You'll love all the additional storage and new built keepers for tools etc vs the older models...cup holders all over as well.

The new flooring is a big hit with me as well, non slip and cleans with the hose. Another big upgrade is the ability to put sizeable graphs flush mounted in the bow and dash...right where they should be.

S.W Mi for now but moving back to N.E Ohio
    B Turg Hi,
    Hey thank you for taking the time to reply to this older thread. It sure did make my night here. It is good to hear about the hulls and the ability to fish 2 from the front deck. That is important to me.
    Thank You again
    Jim

Hi Jim:

I really can't add anything to what Bob said, outside of the FS series has a little more bow in the water and thus is less likely to get moved by wind (read easier boat control ).

As with the 620 FS, if you cut the tips of the 619 FS' rod tubes off you can get 9-footers in the center four tubes of the top tier of the rod box. You can find out how to do this by visiting my website: http://www.steveheiting.com/modify-y...ngers-rod-box/
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Since this thread began, I've sold a 619 and now have my third 620, the FS. I really do believe that before the new hull design, the ride between the two was not just a bit different...it was vastly different, especially in big water. Now, not so much. OBTW, now the ash trays are full and my 620 FS / Verado is for sale.....almost no stink of fish slime like all the previous!