Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At A Loss Of Words

At A Loss Of Words

Been out the past two days with 27 follows for which only two of them were under 40 inches. 3 50+ inchers and around 5 upper forty inch. They have followed in on every type of lure I ahve in the boat. Follows on, 3 sizes of bulldawgs, cowgirl, small ghost tail, bobbie bait, reef hawg, pacemaker, phantoms, invaders. Every one of the fish follows 1-2 feet behding the boat and won't go into an eight. Have tried speeding it up, direction changes, twitching, everything you can think of. I figured after I seen the first 5 do the same thing that it was just going to be a time of day thing. Slepte from 5-8 last night and pulled an all nighter out on the lake and it was the same thing again. Could see them follow with the red lamp color doing the same thing.

I have never seen this many fish do this for so long after every bait, color size, technique. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Almost forgot, I was reeling in a snake northern around 20 inches long and one of the 50+ inchers followed that northern up and I was actually doing figure eights with the northern. Pretty cool to see anyways.

RE: At A Loss Of Words

At least you know where the fish are! They'll bite eventually. Until then, get even wierder on them and try some off the wall stuff. Like letting your lure fall to the bottom 20' out from the boat when you see a following fish, then ripping it up off bottom or something like that.

I'd be going nuts if that happened to me!

Hey, I think your doing pretty well if your having that many follows. Past couple weeks I have felt like someone had turned the lights off on the Musky fishing for me. All I have to say is "stick with it" fishing will turnaround soon enough. Have you ever considered setting up a live-bait rig(keeping the rod in a rod holder) while your making your casts? Maybe you could "lure them in" then the Musky's will have two options to entice them, artificial or the suckers. Also, just my opinion(if you haven't already), you might want to try downsizing and slowing down. I had a nice low 40's follow and the Musky just nipped my lure. I was using a small spinner with a slower retrieve. To be honest with ya, I think this warmer weather will get those passive Musky's to turn into some aggressive eating machines. Good Luck to Ya and soon enough you will land a Musky! :7

I tried slowing down to a crawl as well...nothing. I've never seen this many muskies in my life and its pretty frustrating when they don't bite. I'm sure one of the reasons they are not biting is that there are a ton of jumbo perch all over popping the surface and following baits in. I'm sure they have been just feasting on them and just aren't that hungry. I tried every color that I have as well and the rsults stay the same.

When do perch spawn?

Get the latest issue of Musky Hunter Magazine and read Steve Heiting's article on "dead sticking" ---- Jocko

Frustrating, but fun no less. Wow.

Several years ago I had 18 follows in the span of about an hour and a half. Fish were cartwheeling out of the water after the showgirl I was burning. I had three fish follow on one cast. But I didn't put one of those sons a @$%@#!& in the net. I still consider that one of the best days fishing ever! I lost two at boat side this morning and had a real nice 46-48 follow two 8's but wouldn't commit. That's just how it goes.

>Almost forgot, I was reeling in a snake northern around 20
    >inches long and one of the 50+ inchers followed that northern
    >up and I was actually doing figure eights with the northern.

LMAO! That's funny stuff right there! I'd have done the same thing!

What lake ? lol prob not going to give that up but it is worth a shot... Saw 4 today 2 over 40 1 mid 30 and 1 pushing 50, smaller 3 followed the biggun I saw before I casted then she saw me :( All on homemade double 9's and got a refollow on a storm kickin minnow smaller version.

Try doing this...around the 2 min 10 sec mark
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O-UX...eature=related