PDA

View Full Version : Rigging Alumacraft dominator

Lightning
08-21-2009, 06:50 PM
I am looking for suggestions on things I should rig on a Alumacraft dominator. I have the trolling motor and 2 depth finders picked out. Please let me know what you would suggest for rod holders, mounts and other things I should have in the boat. I will be fishing green bay to small local lakes. I like the wide sides in the boat because it has a lot of room to mount the rod holders.

bobsreef
08-24-2009, 06:54 AM
For rod holders, Down East Salty, are the only way to go.

Mounts for your electronic's, "RAM" makes the best stuff, and the easiest when removing your electronic's.

muskysucker1
08-25-2009, 02:14 PM
I would put the down easts on a track so you can remove them. I use scottys with the flush mounts just so there not in my way when I cast. When you run fast down rods they do pop from time to time but I have 12 so it not that bad. For boards they work great but the down easts are bullet proof. I would allso recommed a auto pilot minn kota it has change the way I fish. I even use it when I troll as a rutter and when I get a fish I take the motor out of gear and turn the troller on to keep me stright it really works great. Hope that helps. I run a magnum and love it Nick Cammarata

Lightning
08-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks guys. I used scottys before and thought they were ok. How do the downeasters pop. Will you lose a rod?

Lightning
09-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Do the downeasters come in permanent bolt down models? Locally I have only found the removable screwdown.

Coach Rob
09-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Down east come in screw on, rail mount, and permanent mount.

Lightning
09-07-2009, 09:04 PM
How do these things pop? Will a fish hitting or a snag, pop the rod out?