PDA

View Full Version : I told you so.................

bturg
08-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Farve is a Viking ...old news. Predicted here months ago.

He brings:
1. a legacy of winning
2. a captain in the huddle mindset
3. excitement
4. probably the best set of skills (even if aged a bit) that the Vikes have had in quite a while
5. solid leadership and ability to lead.. they have lacked that big time.
6. ends the QB questions....solidifys the planning

A cast with good potential around him to lead....even the best players need someone to take them into battle.

Jack Pine
08-20-2009, 09:56 AM
"I told you so"---If you can do it, it ain't bragging.

Nicely summed up.
T.

KenK
08-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Yes, but did you predict the new "love fest" between Fenner and Hooker? :+

bturg
01-17-2010, 02:14 PM
I think I may have been correct way back in August...........

bturg
01-17-2010, 02:14 PM
I think I may have been correct way back in August...........

Jolly Roger
01-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Yep........you were so right, BT.

As a Packer fan, I'm jealous. But honest. An excellent 60 minutes of football today, against a pretty hot team. They say defense wins championships.......

And as far as #4 goes, what more can you say?? Bturg has said it all already.

If he has the tools to do the job, he's a craftsman.......even at 40.

I can only look down and shake my head some more......but with a little bit of a smile.

Jolly Roger
01-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Yep........you were so right, BT.

As a Packer fan, I'm jealous. But honest. An excellent 60 minutes of football today, against a pretty hot team. They say defense wins championships.......

And as far as #4 goes, what more can you say?? Bturg has said it all already.

If he has the tools to do the job, he's a craftsman.......even at 40.

I can only look down and shake my head some more......but with a little bit of a smile.

jonnysled
01-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Great game, solid defense ... no mistakes on offense and the Favre-Rice combination came up huge.

did you see the d-back from the Cowboys and how long he was looking on the ground to try to see where the ball fell after Rice caught it? the Viking looked really balanced today.

special teams may get lost in the shuffle, but the vikings really owned field position and coverage.

jonnysled
01-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Great game, solid defense ... no mistakes on offense and the Favre-Rice combination came up huge.

did you see the d-back from the Cowboys and how long he was looking on the ground to try to see where the ball fell after Rice caught it? the Viking looked really balanced today.

special teams may get lost in the shuffle, but the vikings really owned field position and coverage.

Shep
01-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Balanced thanks to Chester. Peterson isn't even the best back on the Vikings right now. Rice is probably the best WR to come out in the last 5 years. Great pick. He's making #4 a better player. I gotta give Favre a lot of credit, though. After 19 years, he finally learned to take care of the football. Still uncoachable, but he's taken care of the football. If only he had learned that 10 or 12 years ago. Absolutley the best QB the Vikes have had since Fran. Well, maybe. Fran did lead them to 2 SB losses.

Certainly doesn't answer the Vikes QB question, though. What if he's done after this year?

Shep
01-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Balanced thanks to Chester. Peterson isn't even the best back on the Vikings right now. Rice is probably the best WR to come out in the last 5 years. Great pick. He's making #4 a better player. I gotta give Favre a lot of credit, though. After 19 years, he finally learned to take care of the football. Still uncoachable, but he's taken care of the football. If only he had learned that 10 or 12 years ago. Absolutley the best QB the Vikes have had since Fran. Well, maybe. Fran did lead them to 2 SB losses.

Certainly doesn't answer the Vikes QB question, though. What if he's done after this year?

repetespinnerman
01-18-2010, 08:20 AM
lol...ummmmmmm...alrighty then...."he brings a legacy of winning"?

Ummmmm....ya...now after Sunday's win he's whopping 4-7 in his last 11 playoff games. The Packers had lost 5 of their last 7 playoff games with brent under center and he averaged a 71 qb rating and looked like crap in all but two of those games.

Soooooooo...PA-LEEEEEASE...brent is playing well now...he's playing under control and helping his team in the warm confines of a dome...but please don't think this re-writes history. Winning 4 playoff games in 11 years is hardley a "legacy of winning". lol

....and...you think maybe...just maybe you should wait until he wins it all before popping off like this? :) Wow...man...in typical brent fervere hero worship form the guy helps his team win ONE PLAYOFF GAME and you're ready to crown him king. Classic.

repetespinnerman
01-18-2010, 08:20 AM
lol...ummmmmmm...alrighty then...."he brings a legacy of winning"?

Ummmmm....ya...now after Sunday's win he's whopping 4-7 in his last 11 playoff games. The Packers had lost 5 of their last 7 playoff games with brent under center and he averaged a 71 qb rating and looked like crap in all but two of those games.

Soooooooo...PA-LEEEEEASE...brent is playing well now...he's playing under control and helping his team in the warm confines of a dome...but please don't think this re-writes history. Winning 4 playoff games in 11 years is hardley a "legacy of winning". lol

....and...you think maybe...just maybe you should wait until he wins it all before popping off like this? :) Wow...man...in typical brent fervere hero worship form the guy helps his team win ONE PLAYOFF GAME and you're ready to crown him king. Classic.

Ozbie
01-18-2010, 08:31 AM
>lol...ummmmmmm...alrighty then...."he brings a legacy of
>winning"?
>
>Ummmmm....ya...now after Sunday's win he's whopping 4-7 in his
>last 11 playoff games. The Packers had lost 5 of their last 7
>playoff games with brent under center and he averaged a 71 qb
>rating and looked like crap in all but two of those games.
>
>Soooooooo...PA-LEEEEEASE...brent is playing well now...he's
>playing under control and helping his team in the warm
>confines of a dome...but please don't think this re-writes
>history. Winning 4 playoff games in 11 years is hardley a
>"legacy of winning". lol
>
>....and...you think maybe...just maybe you should wait until
>he wins it all before popping off like this? :) Wow...man...in
>typical brent fervere hero worship form the guy helps his team
>win ONE PLAYOFF GAME and you're ready to crown him king.
>Classic.
>
>
>
>Perhaps it is not Brett, but GB that is the problem. Heck, even Aaron Rodgers cannot win in GB, how could one expect Brett to be able too....Oz
>
>

Ozbie
01-18-2010, 08:31 AM
>lol...ummmmmmm...alrighty then...."he brings a legacy of
>winning"?
>
>Ummmmm....ya...now after Sunday's win he's whopping 4-7 in his
>last 11 playoff games. The Packers had lost 5 of their last 7
>playoff games with brent under center and he averaged a 71 qb
>rating and looked like crap in all but two of those games.
>
>Soooooooo...PA-LEEEEEASE...brent is playing well now...he's
>playing under control and helping his team in the warm
>confines of a dome...but please don't think this re-writes
>history. Winning 4 playoff games in 11 years is hardley a
>"legacy of winning". lol
>
>....and...you think maybe...just maybe you should wait until
>he wins it all before popping off like this? :) Wow...man...in
>typical brent fervere hero worship form the guy helps his team
>win ONE PLAYOFF GAME and you're ready to crown him king.
>Classic.
>
>
>
>Perhaps it is not Brett, but GB that is the problem. Heck, even Aaron Rodgers cannot win in GB, how could one expect Brett to be able too....Oz
>
>

bturg
01-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Maybe his issues in GB were team and managment related.....he seems to be doing pretty well in the right environment. Managment can wreck even the most spirited employee if they mismanage...in any business.

It's just interesting to keep tabs on, nothing personal petey.

bturg
01-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Maybe his issues in GB were team and managment related.....he seems to be doing pretty well in the right environment. Managment can wreck even the most spirited employee if they mismanage...in any business.

It's just interesting to keep tabs on, nothing personal petey.

hooper21
01-18-2010, 08:45 AM
I think they should start carving the Brent's statues as well as Mark Sanchez's.

hooper21
01-18-2010, 08:45 AM
I think they should start carving the Brent's statues as well as Mark Sanchez's.

repetespinnerman
01-18-2010, 08:52 AM
>Maybe his issues in GB were team and managment related.....he
>seems to be doing pretty well in the right environment.
>Managment can wreck even the most spirited employee if they
>mismanage...in any business.
>
>It's just interesting to keep tabs on, nothing personal
>petey.

Well...again...you don't even need to mention that. We're all well aware that every single problem issue brent has EVER had isn't on brent. Trust me...we know that. I hear brent is complaining that his private locker room isn't big enough in Minn. Is that true? That's a shame. Green Bay gave him the great big private locker room he demanded.

It is very interesting how "keeping tabs" only cuts one way. Rodgers had no problem racking up back to back 4,000 yard seasons in his first two seasons...brent only did it 6 times in his career. ...Jets minus brent are playing for a SB birth this weekend even though brent couldn't even get them in the dance. Soooo...it cuts both ways.

...and...ummmmm...do ya think maybe that Vikes defense had anything to do with that outcome Sunday?

This is exactly why you brent worshippers aren't taken seriously. It's never a "team win" when brent's team wins but it's ALWAYS a "team loss" when they lose! :)

repetespinnerman
01-18-2010, 08:52 AM
>Maybe his issues in GB were team and managment related.....he
>seems to be doing pretty well in the right environment.
>Managment can wreck even the most spirited employee if they
>mismanage...in any business.
>
>It's just interesting to keep tabs on, nothing personal
>petey.

Well...again...you don't even need to mention that. We're all well aware that every single problem issue brent has EVER had isn't on brent. Trust me...we know that. I hear brent is complaining that his private locker room isn't big enough in Minn. Is that true? That's a shame. Green Bay gave him the great big private locker room he demanded.

It is very interesting how "keeping tabs" only cuts one way. Rodgers had no problem racking up back to back 4,000 yard seasons in his first two seasons...brent only did it 6 times in his career. ...Jets minus brent are playing for a SB birth this weekend even though brent couldn't even get them in the dance. Soooo...it cuts both ways.

...and...ummmmm...do ya think maybe that Vikes defense had anything to do with that outcome Sunday?

This is exactly why you brent worshippers aren't taken seriously. It's never a "team win" when brent's team wins but it's ALWAYS a "team loss" when they lose! :)

bturg
01-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Jeez............ I just thought it was interesting that they were doing well. Aside from living next to Wisc and knowing that Bart Starr was revered as a player and reviled as a coach and that every mickey D's in Green bay was green and gold inside I never really followed it much. As far as tabs cutting only one way...I just thought it was fun that I was right...at least so far.

to recap:

I forcasted here (on this board) well over a year ago that Farve would land here.

I predicted he would do well.

I also mentioned that I hardly even follow football but the saga was interesting. And based on the interest here I would call that accurrate.

I also predicted Double D would have a bang up all time season...seperate issue but also correct...at least I know something about fishing.

If they make the Superbowl I'll watch the whole game and then I will be better equiped to banter with you sir.

bturg
01-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Jeez............ I just thought it was interesting that they were doing well. Aside from living next to Wisc and knowing that Bart Starr was revered as a player and reviled as a coach and that every mickey D's in Green bay was green and gold inside I never really followed it much. As far as tabs cutting only one way...I just thought it was fun that I was right...at least so far.

to recap:

I forcasted here (on this board) well over a year ago that Farve would land here.

I predicted he would do well.

I also mentioned that I hardly even follow football but the saga was interesting. And based on the interest here I would call that accurrate.

I also predicted Double D would have a bang up all time season...seperate issue but also correct...at least I know something about fishing.

If they make the Superbowl I'll watch the whole game and then I will be better equiped to banter with you sir.

BLL_BIGFISH
01-18-2010, 09:17 AM
What is funny is to see the Vikings (including Favre) play well... and suddenly even people who (from most of their posts for the past few years) seem to despise him (because they are "true" Packer fans) now say they expected him to win, despite their continuous bantering that he's poison, can't win in December, etc, and will disappoint the Viking fans.

The Vikings haven't won the NFC Championship yet, let alone the Super Bowl, and next week will likely face a close game. I'm sure some are hoping the Vikings lose. Better yet, they'd like to see the Vikings behind and Brett get intercepted on the final drive of the game like happened in the loss to the Giants in that championship game.

Personally, I think Brett Favre is one of the best things to ever happen to the NFL. Favre is the most entertaining quarterback in the history of the game... period. Not saying he's the best in NFL history, but he's flat fun to watch. For both Packer and other Favre fans that was painful... when he tried to make things happen to win games.

Simple fact is the Packers didn't take put enough talent around him during his last few years, which is obvious to the world when he can go to a different team and win despite being well past his playing prime. Some people feel the Packers didn't win because Brett wasn't good enough when the real problem was the team wasn't good enough.

This year the Packers fell short on defense... they need a pass rush so they don't expose their defensive backfield like they did this year.

The Packers need to improve their offensive line play... they need to protect Rogers better. They need another running back like the kid (#23) from Iowa playing for the Jets. (he was a 3rd rounder)

BLL_BIGFISH
01-18-2010, 09:17 AM
What is funny is to see the Vikings (including Favre) play well... and suddenly even people who (from most of their posts for the past few years) seem to despise him (because they are "true" Packer fans) now say they expected him to win, despite their continuous bantering that he's poison, can't win in December, etc, and will disappoint the Viking fans.

The Vikings haven't won the NFC Championship yet, let alone the Super Bowl, and next week will likely face a close game. I'm sure some are hoping the Vikings lose. Better yet, they'd like to see the Vikings behind and Brett get intercepted on the final drive of the game like happened in the loss to the Giants in that championship game.

Personally, I think Brett Favre is one of the best things to ever happen to the NFL. Favre is the most entertaining quarterback in the history of the game... period. Not saying he's the best in NFL history, but he's flat fun to watch. For both Packer and other Favre fans that was painful... when he tried to make things happen to win games.

Simple fact is the Packers didn't take put enough talent around him during his last few years, which is obvious to the world when he can go to a different team and win despite being well past his playing prime. Some people feel the Packers didn't win because Brett wasn't good enough when the real problem was the team wasn't good enough.

This year the Packers fell short on defense... they need a pass rush so they don't expose their defensive backfield like they did this year.

The Packers need to improve their offensive line play... they need to protect Rogers better. They need another running back like the kid (#23) from Iowa playing for the Jets. (he was a 3rd rounder)

chuckski
01-18-2010, 09:19 AM
One teams trash =one teams trusure.
Two years ago supporting cast = super bowl run,This year supporting cast super bowl run.

chuckski
01-18-2010, 09:19 AM
One teams trash =one teams trusure.
Two years ago supporting cast = super bowl run,This year supporting cast super bowl run.

muskie_nut
01-18-2010, 09:21 AM
I think I saw it on a shirt, "It took a Packer to make the Queens winners" or something to that effect.

muskie_nut
01-18-2010, 09:21 AM
I think I saw it on a shirt, "It took a Packer to make the Queens winners" or something to that effect.

jonnysled
01-18-2010, 09:34 AM
3 Years Ago after a 13-3 season under the field leadership of Brett Favre, the Packers President Mark Murphy predicted a return to the NFC Championship Game.

he was part right! LMAO

jonnysled
01-18-2010, 09:34 AM
3 Years Ago after a 13-3 season under the field leadership of Brett Favre, the Packers President Mark Murphy predicted a return to the NFC Championship Game.

he was part right! LMAO

repetespinnerman
01-18-2010, 09:35 AM
>What is funny is to see the Vikings (including Favre) play
>well... and suddenly even people who (from most of their posts
>for the past few years) seem to despise him (because they are
>"true" Packer fans) now say they expected him to
>win, despite their continuous bantering that he's poison,
>can't win in December, etc, and will disappoint the Viking
>fans.
>

There really should be nothing "surprising" or "funny" about that. I think a person could make an argument that brent has played better than he has his entire career and without question shown better ball control than he ever has. AGAIN-unlike hickupburpses we're not going to puke endless blather thinking we can change the facts.

I fail to see your logic. ... because brent often killed the Packers and only won three playoff games in the past 11 years, we're supposed to not acknowledge that he's playing well now and not turning it over? Huh?

...and having watched brent play the role of out of control gun slinger for the past 11 years, Packer fans don't have good reason to think bad brent might creep in here if one of these games is close?

I mean...it is what it is. brent might skate thru the playoffs and show the same control he's shown...or he might revert to the guy that just can't help himself but force the action. We shall see.

repetespinnerman
01-18-2010, 09:35 AM
>What is funny is to see the Vikings (including Favre) play
>well... and suddenly even people who (from most of their posts
>for the past few years) seem to despise him (because they are
>"true" Packer fans) now say they expected him to
>win, despite their continuous bantering that he's poison,
>can't win in December, etc, and will disappoint the Viking
>fans.
>

There really should be nothing "surprising" or "funny" about that. I think a person could make an argument that brent has played better than he has his entire career and without question shown better ball control than he ever has. AGAIN-unlike hickupburpses we're not going to puke endless blather thinking we can change the facts.

I fail to see your logic. ... because brent often killed the Packers and only won three playoff games in the past 11 years, we're supposed to not acknowledge that he's playing well now and not turning it over? Huh?

...and having watched brent play the role of out of control gun slinger for the past 11 years, Packer fans don't have good reason to think bad brent might creep in here if one of these games is close?

I mean...it is what it is. brent might skate thru the playoffs and show the same control he's shown...or he might revert to the guy that just can't help himself but force the action. We shall see.

MuskyMaven
01-18-2010, 09:38 AM
>I think I saw it on a shirt, "It took a Packer to make
>the Queens winners" or something to that effect.

Maybe that shirt should say...."The Vikings can even win games with an "Old and Cold POS" QB that the Packers couldnt win games with".

MuskyMaven
01-18-2010, 09:38 AM
>I think I saw it on a shirt, "It took a Packer to make
>the Queens winners" or something to that effect.

Maybe that shirt should say...."The Vikings can even win games with an "Old and Cold POS" QB that the Packers couldnt win games with".

Ryan Marlowe
01-18-2010, 10:06 AM
>>Maybe his issues in GB were team and managment
>related.....he
>>seems to be doing pretty well in the right environment.
>>Managment can wreck even the most spirited employee if
>they
>>mismanage...in any business.
>>
>>It's just interesting to keep tabs on, nothing personal
>>petey.
>
>
>Well...again...you don't even need to mention that. We're all
>well aware that every single problem issue brent has EVER had
>isn't on brent. Trust me...we know that. I hear brent is
>complaining that his private locker room isn't big enough in
>Minn. Is that true? That's a shame. Green Bay gave him the
>great big private locker room he demanded.
>
>It is very interesting how "keeping tabs" only cuts
>one way. Rodgers had no problem racking up back to back 4,000
>yard seasons in his first two seasons...brent only did it 6
>times in his career. ...Jets minus brent are playing for a SB
>birth this weekend even though brent couldn't even get them in
>the dance. Soooo...it cuts both ways.
>
>...and...ummmmm...do ya think maybe that Vikes defense had
>anything to do with that outcome Sunday?
>
>This is exactly why you brent worshippers aren't taken
>seriously. It's never a "team win" when brent's team
>wins but it's ALWAYS a "team loss" when they lose!
>:)
>
>
>

Wernt the jets a 4-12 team before THE GREAT BRETT FARVE joined them?????????? THE GREAT BRETT FARVE then brought them to a winning season of 9-7, correct??????? The jets season did not improve over last and there lucky there last two games of the seasen the teams thet played sat on the benches and lied down.

Ryan Marlowe
01-18-2010, 10:06 AM
>>Maybe his issues in GB were team and managment
>related.....he
>>seems to be doing pretty well in the right environment.
>>Managment can wreck even the most spirited employee if
>they
>>mismanage...in any business.
>>
>>It's just interesting to keep tabs on, nothing personal
>>petey.
>
>
>Well...again...you don't even need to mention that. We're all
>well aware that every single problem issue brent has EVER had
>isn't on brent. Trust me...we know that. I hear brent is
>complaining that his private locker room isn't big enough in
>Minn. Is that true? That's a shame. Green Bay gave him the
>great big private locker room he demanded.
>
>It is very interesting how "keeping tabs" only cuts
>one way. Rodgers had no problem racking up back to back 4,000
>yard seasons in his first two seasons...brent only did it 6
>times in his career. ...Jets minus brent are playing for a SB
>birth this weekend even though brent couldn't even get them in
>the dance. Soooo...it cuts both ways.
>
>...and...ummmmm...do ya think maybe that Vikes defense had
>anything to do with that outcome Sunday?
>
>This is exactly why you brent worshippers aren't taken
>seriously. It's never a "team win" when brent's team
>wins but it's ALWAYS a "team loss" when they lose!
>:)
>
>
>

Wernt the jets a 4-12 team before THE GREAT BRETT FARVE joined them?????????? THE GREAT BRETT FARVE then brought them to a winning season of 9-7, correct??????? The jets season did not improve over last and there lucky there last two games of the seasen the teams thet played sat on the benches and lied down.

happy hooker
01-18-2010, 01:33 PM
I dont know that any QB's have really "thrived" with the Jets,,,What was Joe Namaths career record??? I really dont know??? apart from the 68 superbowl did he have a 500 record???

happy hooker
01-18-2010, 01:33 PM
I dont know that any QB's have really "thrived" with the Jets,,,What was Joe Namaths career record??? I really dont know??? apart from the 68 superbowl did he have a 500 record???

Steve Heiting
01-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Remember guys, I'm charged with maintaining civility.

So ...

Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

http://www.muskyhunter.com/forum/user_files/386.gif

Steve Heiting
01-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Remember guys, I'm charged with maintaining civility.

So ...

Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

http://www.muskyhunter.com/forum/user_files/386.gif