PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call for the National Championship Musky Open

Steve Heiting
08-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Hi:

The National Championship Musky Open will be held in Eagle River, Wisconsin, August 20-23. This is the largest musky tournament anywhere, drawing about 1,100 fishermen annually. It is the major fundraiser for the Musky Clubs Alliance of Wisconsin, is a trophies-only tournament, and is a heckuva lot of fun.

Two fully-rigged Ranger boats with Mercury outboards will be given away at this event -- one to someone who purchased a boat raffle ticket, and one to a tournament contestant. Since about 1,100 anglers sign up, you have a 1-in-1,100 chance of owning a dream rig.

For more information, visit:

http://www.muskyopen.com/

http://www.muskyclubsalliance.org/

http://www.muskyclubsalliance.org/MuskyOpenGeneral2009.html

Okay, who's going to be there, besides me?

Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Gotafsh
08-13-2009, 10:54 AM
I,ll be missing it for the 1st time in 5 yrs. I have 2 nieces getting married, 1 on Fri. & 1 in Sat.
My son has not forgiven me yet. I will be getting 2 tee shirts & have been selling tickets & purchased $25 worth. I hope everybody has a good time.
Mike Scholler

TKopke
08-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Unfortunately I won't be there this year. Will be fishing the WMT over in Manitowish Waters. I wish they would change the dates of the WMT so I could fish both.

Oh well, Matt won't have to be as worried this year!

scmuskies
08-13-2009, 02:02 PM
I'll be there fishing away w/ my pops, 7th year in a row!

It was a close call though. My sister, without informing my father or I, decided to schedule her wedding for the weekend before, and this was all before we knew the dates for this years tourney too! When I first heard the dates for the wedding my first thought was "Oh no, there goes the tournament..."

sc

Jim L
08-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Fishing with my 9 year old son and a friend. Should be an adventure.;-)

buddy lite
08-13-2009, 03:28 PM
First time in the open, fishing with the padre in-law!

jaydchad
08-13-2009, 06:55 PM
I'll be there as usual. See you there.

Gare
08-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Musky Ed and I and char will be there as usual!! Should be fun as always too. gare.

rkoepke
08-13-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm in---western lakes....first time back since my first time fishing it in 05 when I took 5th.

chuckski
08-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Don't like crowds see you in the area in September.

welldriller
08-15-2009, 11:01 PM
This will be the first time in 5 years that I can't fish it. My daughter is having her first birthday on sat. I'll probably come over there on friday night though and check it out.

h2os2t
08-16-2009, 07:46 AM
I will be there as usual (been doing it since 1990), will be fishing with my wife again. Changed lake family's this year to the big lakes. Still debating if I want to play tag with Matt and the crowds on Big Sand or go to a different lake.

Labs
08-17-2009, 07:16 AM
First year for me and my partner, my 12 year old daughter. Can't wait and with the added bonus of fishing with my "little girl" should be special. Good luck to all.

Labs

junkman
08-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Had such a nice time up there last year, I was totally looking forward to a repete--maybe a chance to give Mr. Rubber Dubber a run for his plastisol, but alas...I am heading to New Jersey for a visit with my wife's mom and dad. Just wondering if anybody would like to trade places for the weekend???

Jack Pine
08-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Bluefish time!! Charters will all be booked,but if you hang around a Marina and just look like you want to go fishing somebody might feel sorry for you and take you along.
Worked for me on a in-law trip a few years back,nice guy took me along for gas money and we had a great day on big Bluefish.
T.

magnumesox
08-18-2009, 09:44 AM
I will be there with the wife again on big sand lake throwing the rubber dubber. good luck to everyone that is fishing . matt