PDA

View Full Version : frustration

jamie
08-13-2009, 08:11 AM
This is my son. He's 4. And he sums it up nicely.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/customfish/leodisappointedcubs.jpg

Good God does our team suck lately.

gdesario
08-13-2009, 08:24 AM
I hate to say it, but they have to gut this team and start over. This combo of players is not ever going to win anything. In fact, they suck. You starting ace injures himself in batting practice, when if he was a true "team" player he would be focused on his pitching. Your big offseason pickup and closer, I will use the term closer very loosely here, leads the league in HR allowed by bullpen pitchers. Aramis gets hurt every other week. Theriot is at best a very good Triple A player. Derrick Lee, plays in 2 to 3 weeks spans, which come around as often as Haley's comet. Fontenot & Fukodome act like they are trying to one up eachother in who can be worse. Milton Bradley needs to be in a psych ward. Talk about disarray. What a joke.

I had to rant on these jags, they are like an abscessed tooth, eventually you cannot take it anymore and you have to "REMOVE" the tooth, much like I am about to remove the Cubs from the list of things I will ever care about again.

rpieske
08-13-2009, 08:40 AM
You could always become a Cardinal fan........

Semper Fi
Bob Pieske

muskiemyke
08-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Jamie,

It's your own fault for letting your kid be a Scrub fan. Let him support a real team. Take him to a ballpark where he's not in danger of having concrete fall on his head. Let him follow a team where the GM does whatever it takes to make his team better.

Jamie, let your son be a White Sox fan.

Mike

jamie
08-13-2009, 09:38 AM
I gave him the choice because our family is split down the middle cubs/sox.
We should have just stuck to blackhawks games.

MikeHulbert
08-13-2009, 10:07 AM
It's baseball....a sport that when you fail 70% of the time...and succeed only 30% of the time you are considered a "GREAT" player and hitter...then they are in the field catching between 0 and 10 balls a game. I wouldn't lose sleep over it...it's baseball...it's like getting frustrated because the paint your watching isn't dry yet.... LOL:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

rnovak
08-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Growing up a Cub fan i remember 1969 all to well. Then we had 1984 and 2003. Need i say more? Jamie, tell your kid to get used to that look. I'm 51 and i don't think the cubs will win a World Series in my life time.

rnovak

Steve Heiting
08-13-2009, 10:26 AM
Gotta love it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrobcJa_EV8&feature=PlayList&p=599093E3A92224EB&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=26

Now if only the Brewers were doing better ...

Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

muskiemyke
08-13-2009, 11:49 AM
>Jamie, tell your kid to get used to that look. I'm 51 and i don't think the cubs will win a World Series in my life time.
>
>rnovak

Jamie, the Cubs won't win a World Series in YOUR SON'S lifetime.

REPETESPINNERMAN
08-13-2009, 12:05 PM
ohhhh heck...it could be worse...it's not like he's a fan of the opera and likes wearing girls clothing or anything. :7

-------------------
I'm not up to the challenge anymore. I can play, but I'm not up to the challenge. Believe me, I've questioned my decision. I believe it's the right decision. AND THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO OR SAY TO CHANGE THAT.

Brett Favre Retirement Press Conference #1 Transcript - March 6, 2008

husky_jerk
08-13-2009, 12:47 PM
This is working out perfectly. The Cubs have had so many players out with injuries, they will be fresh for the playoffs. They need to get everyone back, go on a roll, and sneak in as a wild card. This momentum will carry them through the playoffs and to their first title in 100 years.

REPETESPINNERMAN
08-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Step away from the glue bottle husky. Just step away. ;-)

-------------------
I'm not up to the challenge anymore. I can play, but I'm not up to the challenge. Believe me, I've questioned my decision. I believe it's the right decision. AND THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO OR SAY TO CHANGE THAT.

shambone68
08-13-2009, 02:34 PM
At least the Cubbies are still in the hunt. My Reds are in the cellar!!
scott shampton

gdesario
08-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Husky, I thought that for a while, then it dawned on me that the Cubs got back in the race by beating the Reds & Nationals, then when they had to play the Rockies & Phillies, they lost 6 of 7 (I include todays game since they were down 6-1 when I noticed the score while checking the leaderboard for the PGA Championship). This team is doing us a favor by slowly taking themselves out of contention. That way we do not have to get pissed off about a 1st round sweep exit in the playoffs.

TJB
08-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Lot of empty seats in that photo. Why can't cubs fans stay home like that when they play at Miller Park?

Northwind Mark
08-13-2009, 05:45 PM
They still fill the park at Wrigley.

And as long as it goes on, expect the same.

And the same bad fan behavior. More disturbing than anything, actually.

http://670thescore.stats.com/mlb/story.asp?type=REGION_CHI&i=20090813152855728138804

husky_jerk
08-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Agreed about the fan behavior Northwind,totally classless. The problem with being a Cubs fan with this team is they are very hard to like. Soriano is as selfish as I've seen. Even Theriot was almost caught loafing around 3rd base a few games ago. Aside from Dempster and Lee, I don't have much use for them.

By the way Jamie, that is a great picture.

muskiemyke
08-13-2009, 07:49 PM
>By the way Jamie, that is a great picture.

Yeah, cute kid. Must take after his mother.

C Juhas
08-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Wow Hulbert that was profound!!! Way to much time away from the farm Eh????

Jolly Roger
08-13-2009, 09:00 PM
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/08/man-suspected-of-tossing-beer-at-wrigley-turns-himself-in.html

Bartlett????

Hmmmmm.

REPETESPINNERMAN
08-14-2009, 06:25 AM
Well...the bad behavior might be "part of the game" like Victorino stated...but at least this was a classy move -

"Cubs chairman Crane Kenney apologized in person to Victorino before the series finale. Cubs manager Lou Piniella and general manager Jim Hendry also offered apologies."

-------------------

coldfront
08-14-2009, 07:10 AM
4-1/2 games out with 48 games left to play, I won't count them out yet. Every team has bad spells. If they get there $hit together and get some players back from injury they still have a good shot at the playoffs.

jamie
08-14-2009, 07:24 AM
So...I was at yesterday's game too. Yippeeee.I went and saw 2 of 3 games in the sweep.
The bleachers are subdued at best right now. I got out during the 8th and started drinking heavily. ( No..my son wasnt with me.).

Sucks. Just sucks. I leave in 7 days with Mich for Great Slave..and I'm giving them 9 days to clear this dog-dung-of-a-team up before I roll back into town and do a possible Oswald on each player from high atop the scoreboard.

husky_jerk
08-14-2009, 07:32 AM
Repete, you know I'm an educator, so I don't sniff glue. I sniff white out.:+

Steve Heiting
08-14-2009, 07:47 AM
>I leave in 7 days with Mich for Great
>Slave

So, you have a choice of going fishing with Mich for a week or staying home and watching the Cubs lose. Tough call. Which will you pick?

Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

desertgrins esox
08-14-2009, 07:59 AM
HJ-

now if you could just learn to hit the delete button instead putting the whiteout on the screen that would be your first step to recovery...

REPETESPINNERMAN
08-14-2009, 09:04 AM
>now if you could just learn to hit the delete button instead
>putting the whiteout on the screen that would be your first
>step to recovery...

>So, you have a choice of going fishing with Mich for a week or >staying home and watching the Cubs lose. Tough call. Which will you pick?

lol :7 :7 Wow...tough crowd for a Friday huh HJ?

I said the same thing when talking about the Brewers a few months ago when they were on a little run. Going all the way back into last season up until earlier this year, they would typically do OK against the crappier teams of the NL, but then when they'd get to the better teams...ouch.

...and now they can't even beat the crappy teams!

-------------------

muskihntr
08-14-2009, 09:43 AM
i think what sums it up best is the fact that its a day after a 3 game sweep and the white and blue "W" flags are still flying everywhere. they just dont get it.

junkman
08-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Jamie,

I was just thinking: what if you have a bad fishing trip on top of the depression you are feeling and do something rash???? So, would you do my fish picture before you leave? Thanks! :)

jamie
08-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Marty,
Yours is up this afternoon. Goes out monday am. :)
John,
Shut up. Mkay? Just...ugh...just shut up. What not just pour salt in my eyes while yer at it! :)
I'm gonna hang myself with those leaders you're making me. Better make em 200lb test.

muskihntr
08-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Hey Jamie glad i can help! Ill upsize those for ya and have em to ya by sept! thats when you will really need them. wish i could really lay into ya but unfortunately we have nothing to brag about here on the southside either. Not exactly great ball for a team who is supposed to be "making a run at it". however i am liking our chances down the road in years to come, with all this young talent! very promising future. then again you guys seem to be lookin good for the future too, after all, you have alfonzo, fukuushume and hothead bradley locked up for a looooooooong time dont ya? hehehhe

actually taking in a game on the northside tomorrow for the first time in 20 years. but it is the chicago bandits.:+

REPETESPINNERMAN
08-14-2009, 01:08 PM
You know what they say. A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at Wrigley.

-------------------

We'll never forget you Brent.

Bukes
08-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Nothing like the feable Pirates to provide false hope for the kool-aid drinkers.

x(

jamie
08-14-2009, 02:13 PM
OH MY GOD...I TURN ON THE GAME AND IT'S 17-2 CUBS ?!? OK..SERIOUSLY..WHAT THE FISH!!!!!!!!!!! I GO TO A COUPLE GAMES TO SEE THEM GET SWEPT LIKE DIRT THIS WEEK AND ALL OF THE SUDDEN THEY LEARN HOW TO PLAY BASEBALL?????? #@%$ers!!!!!!!

muskiemyke
08-14-2009, 03:03 PM
> OH MY GOD...I TURN ON THE GAME AND IT'S 17-2 CUBS ?!?
>OK..SERIOUSLY..WHAT THE FISH!!!!!!!!!!! I GO TO A COUPLE
>GAMES TO SEE THEM GET SWEPT LIKE DIRT THIS WEEK AND ALL OF
>THE SUDDEN THEY LEARN HOW TO PLAY BASEBALL??????
>#@%$ers!!!!!!!

even a blind squirrel...