PDA

View Full Version : My first, definitely not my last !! :D

haldermand
04-04-2012, 05:08 PM
My first time fishing for musky. I was trolling a deep diving Norman crankbait when this fish about pulled my rod right out of my hands !! The 'ol Shimano Calcutta/St. Croix Legend combo handled her like a pro . That netting your own fish stuff looks alot easier on TV . She measured in at 42" and 17.5 lbs. Not a monster by any means , but I'm definitely hooked for life !!!

edalz
04-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Congrats on the catch and maybe next time you could let her go and get some pictures or maybe a replica.

haldermand
04-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Congrats on the catch and maybe next time you could let her go and get some pictures or maybe a replica.
I really wish I could have let her go , but she absolutely SWALLOWED the crankbait , and when I was finally able to get the hooks out , she had blood coming from her gills where both treble hooks got her. I put her down in the water hoping she would make it and I tried to get water flowing through her gills again , but after several minutes , she still wasn't responding in any way . For a replica , if I ever get one that is 50+ , I'll definitely mount it .

edalz
04-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Glad you tried and sometimes fish die. Good luck in the future.

haldermand
04-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks , and the same to you !

Pigeontroller
05-07-2012, 07:42 PM
If you don't already have a good set of hook cutters please get some, they can and do save fish...