PDA

View Full Version : >>WHOPPER PLOPPERS<< Finally available on E-Bay!!!!!!

EAGLEZ EYE410
08-30-2010, 04:40 PM
FINALLY SOMEONE HAS MADE WHOPPER PLOPPERS AVAILABLE!! I FOUND THEM POSTED ON EBAY. I TOLD HIM I'D GET THE WORD OUT FOR HIM FOR GETTING ME ONE. HE'S GOT THEM LISTED AS WHOPPER STOPPERS BUT THEY'RE THE ACTUAL PLOPPERS. THE GUY SAID HE'S CHANGING THE NAME OF THEM SOON SO KEEP AN EYE OUT. I JUST SEARCHED WHOPPER PLOPPER ON E-BAY AND FOUND THEM. THEY LOOK PRETTY DAM GOOD AND WORK EXCELLENT! CHECK EM OUT AND TELL HIM DAVE SENT YOU

muskiehunter57
08-30-2010, 11:22 PM
I think Larry Dahlberg might have sold the rights to River2Sea tackle, I've seen them promoting them lately. I've used some of their bass baits before, and the quality is up there with the best of them. A tad pricey, but what isn't. I've got a couple on order through M&H's, apparently release date is either September or October. But, if the quality is like what River2Sea has in their bass gear, they should be great baits.

bturg
08-31-2010, 08:00 AM
Actually Larry D. has the trademark on the name, designed the bait and is working with the manufactuer on the product. I am not saying the one on ebay won't work just that your promoting that product using the actual name of the original is misleading....unless Larry made it.... it is not a whopper plopper.

geez.. two posts here, you are pumping a product that is a direct copy of another mans bait and the type style and phrasing is exactly the same as the ebay copy...fishy

to each his own..ya gotta have standards

muskie_nut
08-31-2010, 09:40 AM
>geez.. two posts here, you are pumping a product that is a
>direct copy of another mans bait and the type style and
>phrasing is exactly the same as the ebay copy...fishy
>
>to each his own..ya gotta have standards

If I saw right, I saw Larry Dalhberg himself instructing everyone how to make a whopper plopper on his Hunt For Big Fish Show and now you claim that this is fishy? If he was so worried about folks coping his lure, I'm sure he would have not put out an instructional video on it. Looks to me like he shot himself in the foot - if that was his goal was. geez.

CharlieTeuton
08-31-2010, 10:14 AM
River2Sea has the name whopper plopper copyrighted; see their website. I alerted the seller that he could have legal issues if he uses the name for his lure. River2sea website states that the Whopper plopper will be available October 1, 2010.

bturg
08-31-2010, 10:30 AM
I totally understand that Larry has provided instructions to build lures both on his site and the show....heck he is all for guys making their own baits as that is something he has a lot of fun doing and thinks we should all do more of.

It just irks me when someone shows up under the very shallow pretense of being a guy "letting us all know" he found something for sale when in fact he is promoting his own sale...is using a trademarked name to bring in buyers and has never contributed ANYTHING here beyond that...ie post number 2

if that doesnt rub you the wrong way...rock on

muskie_nut
08-31-2010, 10:52 AM
>>if that doesnt rub you the wrong way...rock on

In my 30 years of muskie fishing I have seen muskie lures that are named like other muskie lures and that are almost exact copies of other muskie lures, so I'm not going to let this bother me.

muskiehunter57
08-31-2010, 10:53 AM
>Actually Larry D. has the trademark on the name, designed the
>bait and is working with the manufactuer on the product. I am
>not saying the one on ebay won't work just that your promoting
>that product using the actual name of the original is
>misleading....unless Larry made it.... it is not a whopper
>plopper.

I stand corrected. I was under the impression that Dahlberg had sold the Plopper rights, but knowing now that he's working with the manufacturer, really can't wait for the baits I have reserved to be released! I also have to agree that if the intention of the original poster was to drive people to his bait, that's pretty shady. And if he is using the "Plopper" name, then Larry D. and/or River2Sea should go after this ebay "Seller" for copyright/trademark infringement.

I believe that the original intent of the lure making vids that were released was to get all of us into making our own lures to try out on the water. Not to try and "mass produce" them, and sell them for our own profit.

Steve Heiting
09-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I did a search on ebay and did not find them, so I'm locking this down.

BTW, I've tried the River2Sea Whopper Plopper and I am very impressed. This lure will catch fish.

Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com