PDA

View Full Version : Mille Lacs

Short Strike
11-05-2009, 10:18 PM
pulling the boat up just in case deer opener is a tad to warm, which it looks like it will be. Plan is to launch in garrison and hit garrison reef and a few rocky points in the general vicinity, anyone been out, or care to point us in a more direct direction? I express my thanks in advance everyone!

muletrain
11-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Fish the rocks, use Bulldawgs.
your'e welcome?
-muletrain
There is very little response to any fishing reports, by the way, the top reponse was just a guess, it's not like the lakes are getting pounded at this point, perhaps I, we can be enlightened by someone.

short strike
11-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Fished the reefs moderately hard last week... wow what weather... Had 1 nice follow on a silver shallow invader, and the craziest follow on my bulldawg I have ever seen... I was pulling through my first turns on the "8" and a shadow shot out from under the boat like a rocket, got my heart pumping for a split second before I realized that said shadow was a young of the year loon, pulled my bait out of the way in plenty of time but that darn thing followed the boat for half an hour, couldn't fish because it would have just kept chasin, someone must have been feeding it this summer is my best guess. The thing wasn't one bit timid, never got more than 10 feet from the boat just swimming back and forth. Crazy!

muletrain
11-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Short strike, nice to see something of a report on how you did. Seems to me that we just need things to get cold? I've only been out a few times in Oct till now, and were not seeing much of anything. Kind of strange. Hoping to get out one more time probably Mon. on Tonka. If I do I'll leave a report-in the Metro muskies column, if anyone cares.
-muletrain

short strike
11-20-2009, 10:33 AM
I hear ya train, hopefully I have a few days left... I talked the fam into having thanksgiving at the cabin this year, about 10 miles from mille lacs, heading up Tuesday and hope to fish 3 out of 5 days, may just watch football on thursday though, I will let you know what if anything happens...