PDA

View Full Version : Chippewa Flowage

Redave
07-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Are the Musky biting on the flowage? I will be fishing out of the Indian Trail resort Sunday thru Wednesday.

Redave
08-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Just spent 4 days on the Chip did not see a Muskie. Weather sucked. water temp was 67 in the morning 69 at night. Fished 6 am till 11 pm except for Sunday got chase of by storms.:( :'(

1975 Le Lure
08-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Hi, yeh the weather turned cold this past week. Is the bog still close to the church bars? How was the water level? thanks Get the net Henry, she's a big one!

thecult
08-10-2009, 10:40 AM
they're always bitin... ya just have to use manners... example - "please bite my bucktail" or "my what a beautiful muskie" that usually does it for me ;-)

Redave
08-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Yes It is still there. water level is low so there is more hazards just take it easy in the shallows. may want raise the motor just a bit.

Brenton157
08-19-2009, 08:34 PM
I am coming there for my first time Labor Day weekend. 3 questions:
Staying at Shady Point (I think that is what it is called) Is this a good location?
I have a 16.5 ft Alumacraft with 60 hp yamaha, is that big enough?
Plan on fishing weedlines, rocks, and the usual stuff. Is that a good idea? (I have the navionics chip, will that be sufficient for navigation?)

1975 Le Lure
08-22-2009, 09:59 PM
You must be thinking "Shady Nook" resort, yes thats in a good area of the flowage. In fact its close to Indian Trails, I'll be there the week of Labor Day. Question 2: yes thats plenty big to get around the lake. #3. Fish the edges of the bars that are close to deep water, and look for green cabbage also. Stop over to the Little Red Bar at the Trails, we can talk Musky! Dave

Get the net Henry, she's a big one!

Redave
08-23-2009, 12:58 PM
When cruising stay out of the shallows 5 feet or less,otherwise you could have an expense fishing trip.

MuskyMaven
08-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Be aware of where you are at as there are spots that go from deep water to 1 foot in less than the length of a boat. By the time the locator shows your in shallow youve already hit something.

I also dont know how much I'd rely on the map chip for navigation, as I have had times where it showed me running on dry land yet I was 30 yards off shore. With as quick as some hazards come up on the Chip the variance at times could lead one to think its safe when its not. There is a reason they state not to use for navigation!

Setting a trail might be a better option but I'd still be careful and aware of where you are and what potential hazards are in that area.