PDA

View Full Version : Spider Lake musky

muskymanmike
07-29-2009, 08:11 PM
I am taking a trip to Spider Lake in Sawyer County wisconson next weekend and am seeking some advice. My brother and I have caught three muskies on this lake, but they were all small and were not caught on muskie lures. Now we are serious about pursuing Spider lake muskies and I am wondering what lures, conditons, colors, etc have been productive for all of you. Thanks

muskiehunter708
05-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Been there the last few years. Try the bullrushes and weedy banks. Last year when we went we had 8 follows and a few get off on double bladed bucktails in these spots. Good luck

Jerry M
05-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Musky season doesn't open in Sawyer County until May 29.

muskie_nut
05-02-2010, 01:35 PM
muskiehunter708 was responding to almost a year old post. Oh boy will the original poster going to be happy with that info - now.

garcia7000
10-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Hey man, been fishin spider since i could crawl. The most effective lures i have found in recent years were bulldogs right off weededge drop offs, casting along the drop offs. I have most success with life like looking bulldogs, not orange colored or funky colored. Like pearl/gold/navy i caught a 44 this year. I have also had alot of luck with double cowgirls, caught a 34 and a 39 on back to back days with a black skirt/silver blades