PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Dam Lake, Cumberland WI question

Geno668
03-08-2009, 03:42 PM
anyone have any insight into wether there is a fishable population of musky in this lake, or would i be better focusing my efforts elsewhere, the WI dnr website couldn't tell me much of anything. I have to go in early summer, June or so and hang out with the girlfriends family, just inquiring if it was worth it to bring the boat or not. any info would be greatly appreciated! thank you.

Jim Stroede
03-11-2009, 07:43 AM
I heard of a 51"er caught there 4 or 5 years ago, but haven't fished it.
Jim Stroede
www.jimstroedefishing.com

Geno668
03-11-2009, 11:28 AM
I appreciate the info, thanks, if there is even the chance of 1 in there thats all I need to hold my interest.

spallgard
03-14-2009, 09:17 PM
I have never heard of Muskies in Beaver Dam Lake in Cumberland but Jim Stroede would probably know. I would say your best bet near Cumberland would be Sand Lake. It's about 6 miles from town on Hwy. 48. I have fished that lake for quite a few years. A few low to mid 40 and an "Outside" chance of a 50" fish there. It's a clear water lake... Goes to 50ft. I like it on overcast rainy days or at night.

Good Luck!

Geno668
03-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks Dave,

I could never express how helpful all the bits of information I retain from this site helps in the grand scheme of things, I truly appreciate it.

KJGMH
03-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Track down Heath Benike from the DNR, he should be able to tell you. I have not heard of any muskies caught there by people that I know that bass and walley fish it.

tjeckert64
10-08-2009, 08:41 PM
I lived in Cumberland for 10yrs. Never heard of any muskies in Beaver Dam. Several Huge Northerns. Lived on Little sand for 8 yrs. both little sand and sand(big sand) had decent muskie populations. Big sand used to get alot of pleasure boating on the weekends.

northwoodsbuckhunter
04-22-2010, 09:26 AM
I live in Cumberland and I have fished Beaver Dam Lake for over 20 years. I have heard occasional rumors of a musky or two in there for years, but never a confirmed rumor. I don't believe that it's true, but anything is possible. It wouldn't surprise me if someone has (illegally) dumped some muskies in there over the years. I've often thought about doing the same thing, but I wouldn't.

Sand and Little Sand have good musky populations and they are located just over the hill from Beaver Dam (no water connection - looking at a map you might think they are connected, leading to musky rumors in Beaver Dam, but that's not the case). Sand and Little Sand drain north to Sand Creek, then Clam River, and eventually the upper St. Croix River. Beaver Dam drains south through the Hay River, to the Red Cedar River, Chippewa River, and eventually the Mississippi River.