PDA

View Full Version : lac la martre

eyefishermandt
02-06-2009, 07:40 PM
hi there new to here so i was wandering im going to a fly in lake in july lac la martre in the northwest territories any body ever there, good bad?, what lures should i take im very limited to the weight of the tackle box, we are fishing pike and lake trout. any info here would be helpful thanks guys EYEFISHERMAN D.T.

J_Mich
02-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Good lake trout lake and can be a good pike water as well. Spence Petros fished the lake a few years ago with Winkelman and had a great trip.

July up in the NWT will find you fishing large spinner baits in and through cabbage. Good luck.

And when you're ready to take a real pike trip....

www.taltsonbaypike.com.

The guys at Lac la Matre have tried to buy this camp as their pike destination.

eyefishermandt
02-17-2009, 07:20 PM
have you been there or just going buy there videos? they did the banjo minnow commercial there i do know that. did get to talk to mark the owner this past sat. and it definitely looks like i going to have tons of fun with the pike boy i cant wait till then good luck guys EYEFISHERMAN D.T.

J_Mich
02-18-2009, 10:10 AM
No I've never been there, however I've known plenty who have. Again the fishing can be real good and if you've never taken a pike trip like this; the trip of your lifetime.

But then most who I've known that went there now go to Taltson. Draw your own conclusions from that.

And the Winkelman/Petros banjo minnow trip was a June trip.