PDA

View Full Version : TONKA

thescottith
09-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Any Reports from TONKA? Water Temp? How's the water Clarity?
Moving any fish? Any info would be great. I'm going to hit her this weekend and will post on Monday the results.

thanks

Mike Wallace
09-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Fished Wed. night on the west end. My graph said 63 degrees. Water wasn't as clear as normal. Only moved one fish at dusk on a homemade inline spinner. I think it heard me say "There's one" and it turned and ran at the boat.

Mike Wallace

Mak
09-13-2008, 08:14 PM
TheScottith, Any luck today??

Just got off the water fished the "lower lake" areas, water temps were 67 all day, water clarity was moderate. Hooked a mid-30s fish, had it in the net in which it proceeded to get out and away before getting hooks out and in the boat.... not sure if this counts?:'( Nothing else, little surprised to not see more fish with the weather we had today.

thescottith
09-16-2008, 09:33 AM
We fished Saturday and Sunday for about 6hrs each day in the morning, 65 degree temps, water clarity was a little better then what i was expecting, we caught a handfull of pike and my partner had one mid 30's follow. Pretty slow. Should turn on here soon, I'm going back on the weekend of the 27th and will post again if anything is happening.

thanks for the replies.

Mak
09-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Hey thescottith,

Did you guys notice that the morning bite had more activity on Sunday, seemed like the whole lake turned off when the rain hit. We took a 43" right before the rain hit hard.

thescottith
09-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Mak, we hit some pike early, that was it for sunday, I did lose one fish I tought might have been a musky, I was burning a bucktail just under the surface, I seen the back, looked like a 30-32" or so, could have been a pike could have been a musky. Once it started to rain we fished for another three hours without any action, We were kind of Joking around, Cloudy, light rain, light wind...before the Full Moon, sounds like an idea muskie day right? guess not.
Although I will admit we have been struggling on Tonka the last couple years. We will be hitting up Tonka on the 27th, If something happens I will let you know. Congrats on the fish last weekend.

Mak
09-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey thescottith,

I will be hitting Tonka most weekends & some weekdays till ice-up. Shoot me an email sometime before you head out, I will let you know what I have been seeing. Thanks for the congrats on the fish. Just started fishing the lake, feels good to have some fish in the boat. Caught the musky on the first outside turn of a figure eight. Also, before the rain, the pike we all over, we caught three probably between 30-35" ... couldn't believe the quality of the fish. All the pike were full in the bellies and came off of 7-8ft. lips on a large weed flat we were fishing. Contact info below.

maki0182@d.umn.edu

bustin lips
09-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Tonka is a waste of time compared to Harriet. Harriet has been hot!!!

GruntLures
10-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Any good news on Tonka right now?

JeffW
10-23-2008, 03:13 PM
I was out on Monday and caught a small one but the lake was dead after that. I heard it was good up through last Saturday until the weather changed.

Musky Me
10-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Anyone out over the weekend.

Ed K.

Mak
11-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Wondering if anyone has had a chance to check water temps. on Tonka since the weather moved in. I assume that its beginning to cool off again. I was out over the weekend and found water temps. between 49-52.

thescottith
11-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Hoping to go on Sunday......Read your report on the tbros site MAK, sounds like you've been doing pretty good, we've had our chances just cant get em to stay on and in the net.....Hoping for a pig on Sunday and a Packer win

Mak
11-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks the Scottith. Just called the season a wrap. Last week/weekend was rough on Tonka, only moved four fish in three days of fishing.. just couldn't find a pattern. Until next year, no more muskies in the boat. Water temps. were 43-44 on Sunday in the East main lake.