PDA

View Full Version : Vermillion report

Dedicated Angler
09-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Not asking for any secrets or anything.
Just wondering if anyone could share whats been hot and whats not on Vermillion. I will be up there this weekend, and was looking to narrow down all the fishy looking water to something more manageable.

I don't need to here DCG's are hot as I don't throw those.
Gliders working?
Deep water Dawgs?
Rip'n Big Jakes?

I am even up for some trolling if that's been hot.

Last but not least I could use some direction on catching some eyes. The wife has "recommended" I bring home so fish for a fish fry.

Thanks in advance

Mak
09-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Haven't been up on the lake recently but experience would say look for bait and fish around it. If the bait is deep fish deep....visa versa you get the idea. There can be a great weed bite this time of year but most fish seem to be on the rocks. Be versatile and look for active fish then stay on them. September can be hit or miss. If you really want to cut down the learning curve, hire a guide: Matt Snyder, Josh Bovorosky, Dave Swenson, Shumway, many locals who can be good.

Dedicated Angler
09-16-2008, 03:33 PM
The Lake was thrifty with her fish.

Fished it hard, rocks, islands, points, docks, weeds.
1 hit on a Dawg (Deeper rocks) but it was gone before I could even react. All i got was a mangled dawg back.
Water temps 63-67
Cold front and rain slowed things down.
Managed a 36" pike and a musky smaller than that.

We saw a few fish on different baits, but the follows were low and slow.

youmuskybkidding
10-06-2008, 08:43 AM
How about a more recent report? Heading up to fish the 13th thru the 18th of October. Has the lake turned over yet?

Sorgy
10-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Water temps were in the 56-58 degree range on the West end over the weekend.
Only fished 2 hours on Sunday for Ski's. We did many projects for the short weekend.

Steve