PDA

View Full Version : West Arm of Lake Nipissing

Toddyc20
09-02-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm heading up to the west arm of lake nipissing in a couple of weeks and i was just wondering if anyone has some advice for me. Any ideas on baits to use or general locations? I'm going to be staying at Memquisit lodge. Has anyone stayed there? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

richesox
09-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Toddyc20

I was up at Lakair in June, just on the west side of the bridge over Rt. 64. Was there for the opener and run right past Memquisit on my way out to the West Bay. Head out to the West Bay and hit the Muskrat bays and Merganzer bay,

The weeds were just starting to make their move when we were up there, so there were pockets here and there. Most likely more expansive now. Merganzer had a real healthy reed bed in the back.

Of course I got skunked over those couple days. We fished South Muskrat and on out across the bay from there, hitting the pockets and around the many islands. One member of the group caught a 48 out from South Muskrat and I've heard of a couple 50's being pulled from the same area within the last couple weeks. There is a North and South Muskrat and I didn't see much activity in North Muskrat. Most of the guys I talked to don't fish much in North Muskrat. I tried it, but didn;t even catch a pike there.

Head into South Muskrat then come out and follow the North Shore of the West Bay. Continue on and this will eventually lead you into Merganzer Bay. Maybe you'll get lucky. Check in with the camp for a map and they should be able to point you in the right direction. Make sure they mark the trail for you to follow. You'll do a bit zigging and zagging to get out there, but it's pretty easy.

Memquisit Lodge looks pretty nice from the water. It seems like it's spread out over a wide area and there's plenty of room between the cottages.

Hope this hepls a tad. I'm leaving in about 5 hours for two weeks on the Lower French. Been a couple years since I landed my last musky, but I feel that's about to change soon. Of course - these are the only two weeks of musky fishing I get in a year's time.

Good luck.

Regards:
Rich Clemens

Toddyc20
09-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Thank you very much for the information. I'm sure this will come in very handy on my trip. I will keep the board posted on how i do. Thanks again.

Todd

Guvno 1
09-19-2008, 11:55 PM
Toddy,
How did you do on your trip, heading there next week?
What predominently worked for you and at what point of the day?

Regards,

Guvno