PDA

View Full Version : One place to go?

Bigguyone
08-24-2008, 05:39 PM
I am already planning a trip for next year and still have two left to do this year...

If you could go to just one lake (lodge) for Musky and BIG pike where would it be if you wanted to catch numbers and a trophy is a bonus but not the main focus. Thank you in advance.

Breal31
08-25-2008, 10:36 AM
I would go to Eagle and stay at Andy Meyers Lodge. Look at the pictures on the website, they don't lie

Bigguyone
08-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Fished with Danny (Steve Herbeck's son) one night last year but for walleye not Musky so I have thought about going up there with Meyer's lodge for muskie (did very well on walleye)...they have some solid Muskie and bass fishing on eagle. Thanx for the input.
Just looking for a lower pressured lake but hey - in the end really it is about fish in the boat....doesn't matter how many people around.
The on thing in all honesty that threw me off a little is the Esox viper lure that is "Steve's" says 23 fish boated in 27 days.....when I go locally I usually have 3 by 10:30am in the boat so to see less than one a day is disheartening. Granted - my average fish is not 45" and maybe the ad was to say 23 legal fish in 27 days....

Breal31
08-25-2008, 11:50 AM
If you would be pulling to put aside the need for Pike action Canyon Lake, Indian Chain, and the Cliff Lake Chain have some of the best numbers lakes you can find on the planet when they are on..

MUSKY_18
08-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Without a doubt.........NW Angle of LOTW. You have everything right at your fingertips. HUGE pike and musky's, if you want a break, world class walleye and the most beautiful place on earth. There is no other lake like it!