PDA

View Full Version : Fly-in + Musky trip

MuskyRoller
08-12-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm leaving in about ten minutes for my trip to Dryden where we'll fly out of the "goon" and fish for four days. Targeting walleyes and, hopefully, big jacks!

Then on Sunday I'll be heading up to Cliff Lake to fish some muskies for three days.

Hopefully the weather cooperates this trip (did NOT in late June/early July).

I'll report when I get back...

Steve

Breal31
08-31-2008, 06:51 PM
The Cliff Lake area eh...I know where you were fishing :)

MuskyRoller
08-31-2008, 07:53 PM
I know you do ;)

We've chatted...

MuskyRoller
11-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Well, it's been a while and I've been back and finally have a chance to resize pictures and get on here and tell a few stories...

Fly-in fishing for anyone that hasn't done it, is a blast! We caught more walleyes than one would know what to do with them all! Fishing current turned out to be the best spot for numbers and big walleyes. The biggest northern (close to 40") was also seen in the same current area, chasing a 7.5" phantom...Didn't get hooks in her though.

Probably the best thing about the trip was being with my dad and father-in-law. We had fun, drank beer, and caught fish...what could be better????

After flying back I was picked up in Dryden by my best friend and he and I went musky fishing for a couple of days. We caught a few around the Cliff Lake area, the biggest being a 37 incher...didn't catch any huge fish, but had a really great week in Ontario!

Here are some pics...