PDA

View Full Version : Chippewa Flowage in September

Rivermandave
08-03-2008, 04:37 AM
Hi all....finally moving to Wisconsin the 1st week of September, and I'll be on the big Chip near Hayward around the 15th Sept. It's been 30+ years since I last fished there. :( :o

Can any of you tell me what has changed.....good or bad?

Rivermandave
US Army '78-85
NAFC Life Member
Clean water for life!

muskybait
08-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Its still the great Chip. Seems to me that there are more hammer handle pike and those golden shiners are a forage that never used to be there but the fish still eat baits. Has been low the past couple years like so many of the area lakes, but filled up this year. Haven't been there in three weeks. Hermans landing is no longer Hermans. Indians purchased the bar and renamed it. Just not the same as the old days. Bogs still floating about. Fishing has been good this year with lots of big ones being caught. Colder than normal water temps. have put northern WI about 3 wks. behind normal. MN has been dealing with this also. Algie bloom in full force on many of the lakes. Chilly temps this weekend out to keep surface temps in the low to to mid 70's Night time temps in the upper 40's. Hope this helps. TC:-) :-)

Rivermandave
08-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Sure does! Thanks for taking the time to answer :)

Rivermandave
US Army '78-85
NAFC Life Member
Clean water for life!

Rivermandave
08-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Can anyone tell me how stained the water is up there at the moment?

Rivermandave
US Army '78-85
NAFC Life Member
Clean water for life!

jkahler
08-31-2008, 04:14 PM
It's fairly stained, the algae blooms are happening pretty good right now.

I just got back from 10 days there and the fish are really moving in a few spots, mid lake weed bars are hot right now. The morning bite has been the best, but don't sit inside around sunset cuz that's been a good time as well.

I got 3 fish, a 43.5, 40, and a 39 tiger.

*no longer a victim of the 50 inch grinch!

justanotherbuck
09-02-2008, 03:32 PM
just go fish it,its a real easy body of water to fish