PDA

View Full Version : MARATHON FLORIDA TARPON 2008

JD
07-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Capt. Jack Callion and his son, Capt. John Callion, did it for us again. Three days in the boat and 15 Tarpon to the boat. It was WICKED COOL!! capttarpon@aol.com It is a great way to start the spring. Not much musky hunting in May anyway!;)

JOCKO
07-07-2008, 10:44 AM
JD ----- I would like to go Barracuda fishing in the Keys next winter ,,,what time of the year is best ?????,,,,,are there any guides for cuda ??? ,,,,,,, where is a good spot ??? ,,,,, can I use my musky bait-casting equipment ??? ,,,,, will the cudas hit musky lures ??? --------------- thanks for any info ------------- Jocko
PS --- I realize that cuda are not the most sought after fish in the keys ,,, but sure do look like muskies ---------
PS --- are there any cuda websites ?????

JD
07-07-2008, 06:06 PM
JOCKO,
Call Jack Callion, his phone number is 305-743-7552, after 7pm central time. Jack and his son guide for anything with an attitude--Sharks--Cuda--Tarpon--ect. We had a couple of Cudas to the boat around 48 in. and saw some BIG sharks. You are right about Cudas being "salt musky". Jack likes guiding Musky Hunters as we get a kick out of actually catching something!! Tell Jack that you have talked to me and I said "He would take care of you!" Let me know how things work out.
John Kennedy ;)

JOCKO
07-08-2008, 10:06 AM
------ thanks JD !!! ----- <*))}}}}}}}}}}><{{ ---- Jocko

glp
07-08-2008, 08:20 PM
I live in FL and fish LOW each July - Sept. for muskies. If you are really interested in cuda's, why not target their brothers, the wahoo. They are the best saltwater fish to eat hands down!
Friend and I nailed a 53 lb. fish trolling at 15 knots - what a rush.
Just my 2 cents,
glp

JOCKO
07-09-2008, 12:03 PM
GLP -------- thanks for the info ,,, but ,,, I really want to cast for cuda in the keys ,,, I heard the big ones come up shallow during the winter months ,,,,,,, ????????? ----- thanks ---- Jocko

JD
07-09-2008, 05:29 PM
JOCKO;
Really, you need to call Jack. He will be able to tell you when you can catch Big Cuda and will be able to put you on them if you so desire. It will be the best spent money of your trip! This guy is the real deal!!

JOCKO
07-09-2008, 07:27 PM
JD ------- whats he charge for a half/full day ??? -------- Jocko

JD
07-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Jocko;
I do not know what Jack charges in the winter. I don't know if there is any difference. That being said I would do a full day as the tides play such a large part of fishing in salt water you need some time to allow for the best shot. You may fish from daylight to say 9am and then go back out at 4pm and fish till dark. Let Jack pick the times, thats his job! My last trip with Jack the fee was $750.00 a day for everything and he would take out up to 4 persons in the boat with two fishing at a time. It was up to you how you and whoever split the fee of $750.00 for the day. I always do at least 2 days and like to do three or four. When you figure the cost of getting there, the motel, the food ect. The money you spend with Jack WILL give you the most fun and memories!
I hope this helps! :-)