PDA

View Full Version : LOTW's

thescottith
07-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Any reports from LOTW'S? How's the weed growth?

musky moblie
07-08-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm going up to Woods (NW angle) for the first time in a week, does anyone know if the fish will be more weed or rock related by then?

Thescottith, were you just up there? Any reports?

Musky Mobile
I came, I casted, I saw...nothing

thescottith
07-08-2008, 03:47 PM
MM, I'm heading up on the 13th, probably same as you, havent heard alot of info. All I've heard so far as that the big fish have just started to move to there post spawn grounds and are just starting to chase lures. Sounds like they are currently more weed releated and not quite on the rocks.... When we get back maybe we can share reports.....

1700SS
07-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Just got back from Sab. Bay. Caught and seen a few on rocks only, most fish were in bays, deep cabbage. Water is a little high, very clear for Sab. bay. Most fish on spinnerbaits a couple on topwater.

Good luck,

Brett

musky moblie
07-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Thats pretty much all i've heard too. Found a report from the narrows last week where all the fish (up to 48") came out of weedy bays 3-5' deep on spinnerbaits.

That being said I'll probably be focusing more on points and islands next to shallow weedy bays and if not seeing anything working back in the bays

Good luck

Musky Mobile

thescottith
07-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Lots of little weedy area's in the Narrows to fish....probably where we will start and see. Hopefully we can develop some kind of pattern in a day or two for the week.

Jay SBMC
07-13-2008, 10:59 PM
We just got back from Sab for 2 weeks,but really got hammered with some nasty weather the second week. Big sows are now moving into the rocky areas, and if we were up there this week, I think we would hammer them. We caught most of our Muskies in smaller bays away from current.

top water freak
07-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Fished the angle from the 12-22. Water was 66 on arrival and rain was on and off for the first 8 days. The fish were slow for the first few days and started following twitch bais and DCG. Water was holding just over 70 and 72-74 during the day. The bite really picked up the 21st and fish were nipping in the 8's. Not as many multiple fish days till late in the week but big fish were starting to be caught.

musky moblie
07-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Ditto all of that. We spent most are time in waters south of bishops point and found most of our fish on smaller slots not of the map. Just picked a windy shoreline and fished down it. Wish i was up there this week...

Musky Mobile