PDA

View Full Version : Forest lake

muskie21
06-24-2008, 03:10 PM
My dad and I have fished Forest lake 4 times this season and we have had 15 follows but no takers. We have down sized and everything else and nothing will eat, what do we need to do to get these fish to commit. it is getting frusterating. Any suggestions?

Brandon

MNSteveH
06-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Your experience is not very unusual. It's still early in the season and the fish haven't really turned on that much. So far there seem to be only small feeding windows.

Typical advice for follows is try to read the mood of the fish. If it's following agressively - speed up! Force the issue and make the fish decide to it commit or quit - there's no way you can go too fast for an agressive fish! If it's a slow lazy follow you can try some pauses, twitches, maybe a rip and then let the bait fall back down in the fishes face. But slow & lazy are tough to convert. It's best to give up on that fish and come back to it later when it may be in a more agressive mood. One last idea, try a bait with a more up and down presentation. Last week I had one follow a side-to-side glider slow and low so I came back an hr later with a tiger tube bouncing up and down and she ate it.

sarinske
06-27-2008, 12:35 PM
My parents live on Forest Lake and we catch more fish on smaller bucktails early in the season.