PDA

View Full Version : Elephant Lake

Toddyc20
05-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Has anyone ever fished Elephant Lake, Ontario? If so do you have any suggestions for me? Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Todd

jeffintoronto
05-13-2008, 12:20 PM
I haven't fished Elephant or Baptiste personally, but I hear they are tough; not great numbers.

1roofmusky
05-19-2008, 09:22 PM
its definately not a numbers lake, but there are some big ones in there. There are several larger weed beds out in the center of the lake they are usually a good place to start. If you are an experienced angler, you need to locate the "Trough". This is a local hotspot. You will probably need to have your map marked by the bartender/owner of E. lake lodge.(s.e.shore) That is where the big ones hang. there are several underwater springs in the trough. you know when youre close to them if you have a good fishfinder! be careful entering baptiste from elephant/channel. loaded with stumps and the locals remove the jugs/markers placed on them. also lots of rice/reed beds near the mouth of the trent river between b / e lakes.
ps watch out for moose and float planes-both are very plentiful.

Toddyc20
05-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Thank you for the help. I will keep a look out for the things you mentioned above. Thanks again and I hope i can post a picture of a nice muskie for you all.

Todd