PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Guides

Brandon McCullough
03-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi there, I am heading up to Eagle Lake from July 19-26 and then on to Lake of the Woods from July 26 - Aug 4 and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good musky guide for either of the two lakes. We will be staying out of Waldhof Bay Lodge in the Vermillion Bay area on Eagle, and out of Red Deer lodge on Sabaskong Bay on LOTW. Any suggestions and imput is appreciated. Thanks, Brandon

Breal31
03-10-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm not familiar with any local area guide service for Eagle Lake. I am sure Waldof either sets you up with a guide or does the guiding themselves.

team green
03-10-2008, 11:42 AM
i just booked a trip to Waldhof bay lodge. Still waiting to hear back on the guide. Sounds like they don't have anyone that works for them. I talked to Eagle Lake Lodge at the Blaine expo and they told me that their guides fish out of YOUR boat. is that strange or do most guides do that? How does that work? If i'm being guided i don't want to run the boat. How would they feel comfortable running someone elses boat?

Brandon McCullough
03-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. From what I know, Waldhof Bay doesn't have their own guides, they hire local ones. The local guides may work out of your boat or they may have their own. Either way, if they are guiding they will operate the boat from what I understand. If you are renting from WBL the boats are set up like most guide boats anyways, with a tiller, and I think their trolling motor is at the back (unless you upgrade to bow mount. Hey Team Green what time of the year are you heading up to Eagle? I am there July 19-26.
Brandon McCullough

Breal31
03-11-2008, 07:28 AM
Brandon, what I would do is shoot a call out to Bobby Sports Shop in Vermilion Bay, just do a google search and I am sure the number will come up. If there is a local guide service available, I am sure they know about it...

I will also be on Eagle the week of 7/19 as well, staying at Meyers.

fishguide
03-14-2008, 05:08 PM
if you need some info ,give me a call,ask for john,1-807-227-2438

TheBurmek
04-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Hey Breal and Brandon have you ever been to Eagle? I am going to be at Big Eagle Lodge the entire month of July. http://www.bigeagle.com/ I have a couple of small groups coming up during the month and am kind of running a mini musky school free of charge with the help of some of my sponsers since I am unable to fish the PMTT this year. I know you have mande plans already but if you want some help with the lake or have questions give me a shout. my email is Muskie26@aol.com I take you out for a day and guide while you fish, not much fun if you pay a guide and watch him catch fish. Any way if you are at Big Eagle I guide for free but if you cant change plans let me know anyway and maybe we can still hook up while you are up there. Check Johns special for July or if you want to try email me and I can put you with one of my groups. Cost for the week is 532 a person that is 16' 25hp your licenses and tax same deal only 18' with 50hp and that is 610 per person. Just thought I would throw that out to you. Doug

Big fish only
04-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Brandon,
I will be up at myers that time too!!! look for a skinny kid (17) in a beat up AML hat with oakleys. We will have to get together and talk some skis!!! Cant wait to get up there!

Alexander

DEMolishedyou
04-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Hey, I am staying at Bear Trail Lodge that same week also and would be interested in finding a guide to tach me the lake because I have never been to Eagle.

Eric
If only I could catch muskies!

fishguide
04-30-2008, 07:23 AM
i guide at aml all week,but have saturdays open,get in early and we can set something up.
1-807-227-2438

team green
05-04-2008, 11:26 AM
HELP!!!!! I need a guide. I am going to Eagle Lake June 21-28. I am staying at Waldhof Bay Lodge. I only need a guide for one day. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

fishguide
05-04-2008, 03:05 PM
chech the post above yours or call me,john 1-807-227-2438.