PDA

View Full Version : your 2008 plan?

jamie
01-21-2008, 12:34 PM
So...who's going where this year and when?

MuskyRoller
01-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Doing my usual two trips.
1. June 28-July 4 This is the family trip to Lac Seul. Dad, uncles, cousins, Gramps, and even my father-in-law...This will be the 36th annual! I mostly fish for northerns and hope for a musky. The rest of the group fishes mostly walleye.

2. Middle of August, 3rd annual "Trip of a Lifetime" (at least that's what I keep telling my wife). My buddy and I are camping and fishing a few small "back" lakes for muskies. We usually do very well catching a lot of fish, but no size to them. Cliff Lake area.

Steve

Breal31
01-22-2008, 07:52 PM
2 Trips to AML Lodge, dates yet to be determined but should be July and September

Also going to sneak in a mini trip to Wisconsin in June for a little dink warmup session :7

LundAnglerMJ
01-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Well, since moving to Buffalo, I'm that much closer to the French River. Already lookin' at the maps and the old haunts. I'll be in the Georgian Bay more than once this year. Can't wait.June. Some eatin' eyes' and Sept-Oct-Nov. too.For Esox-....

Rock Bottom
01-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Planning on Vermillion in May

Also looking for info on Holcome Flowage in Wisconsin. Plan to hit that in late summer(early sept)

Thanks for any info!!

Bryan

MUSKY_18
01-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Since it is my first year back from Iraq to take my summer vacations, I will be busy. Doing a week on LOTW in July, followed by another week on the Chippewa Flowage and going to finish it off with another trip to LOTW the first part of August for Operation Muskie. Can't wait!!!!:+

musky skunk
01-28-2008, 03:47 PM
MUSKY_18 glad your back man!

Lots of weekend trips for me. One week trip.

April/May - Three Mile, Pleasant Creek, and Clear Lakes in Iowa
Also going to do a dink warmup as well near Hayward over Labor Day weekend

June - Hitting some metro tiger lakes

July - Mille Lacs

August - Lakes around Alexandria and Detroit Lakes, MN

September - Mille Lacs

This (hopefully) will be a season to remember. Good thing gas prices are so low... HA!

MrEsox
01-28-2008, 11:34 PM
fish more above all else

jkahler
01-30-2008, 01:47 AM
I'll be on the Chip or LCO last week of August. And a few other lakes every weekend..but those shall remain nameless.

*no longer a victim of the 50 inch grinch!

Top Water
01-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Planing on fishing up to 500 hrs. on Lake Vermilion this year.

Jerome

mikie
02-05-2008, 12:36 PM
I plan on following Jerome around, casting off his troller and hoping he does not believe in concealed carry! m

Todd J
02-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi, first off I would like to thank Musky_18 for his service.Its men and women like him that keeps us free.Thanks again.

I am planning a trip to the Frenh River in July with my son.Can't get here soon enough.
Thanks,
Todd Army 1983 to 1987

muskycop
02-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Annual pilgrimage to Eagle Lake 1 st week of august. Staying at Island Lodge near North Twin Island. Been going there for years. Great srevice and BIGGGGGG FISH !!!!!

dcocke
02-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Many hours on the Barbee Chain in In. A June 28th week at LOTW.

Jay SBMC
03-09-2008, 12:14 PM
My usual 2 week trip to Sabaskong June 28th to July 14th. We use to split 2 weeks up,but with the price of gas,do 2 weeks in one shot now. Will fish a bit in Iowa and Missouri before and after Canada. However, I have been given the responsibility to teach 3 grand kids how to fish this Summer,so it's going to be pan fishing mostly in Iowa.

AAav8or
04-10-2008, 10:11 PM
April: Lake Erie
May: Lake Vermilion, and Eagle River
June: Mille Lacs
July: Eagle River
August Eagle River and Rainy lake
September: Lake of the Woods
October: smallie fishin in Eagle River.

ryanbrosseau
04-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Lake of the Woods 3rd week in June and Chippewa Flowage last week of October...Good Luck to everyone...and Musky 18 although I dont know know you, glad to have you back in the States and thank you!!

Susquehannamusky1
04-19-2008, 10:56 PM
May : Allegheny River with Mr. Red Childress.
June : Same as above.
Nov. : Same as above.
This gentleman is a great guide and person and absolutely works his tail off for you ! My wife and I have a great time fishing with Red and love the area.

Eh
04-20-2008, 07:32 AM
I will be heading out with a great guide here on Lake St.Clair for some musky action http://www.can-amcharters.com/

Hitting the muskies Canada Can-Am the weekend of June 20th-22nd tis will be my third time out for this event it has always been a blast and keeps getting better
http://www.muskiescanada.ca/chapters/belle_river.htm

I will also be taking the family out for the Muskies Canada family weekend where the weekend is dedicated to the family its the 25th year this year for the event and will be great my kids love this weekend.

I will also be heading up to the west arm of nippising and the french river in Sept I know there are alot of other trips in between that will just pop us.

Now my only problem is I have these plans but the boat is in the shop with a blown motor I just hope I dont get raked over the coals for her repair.

Jay SBMC
05-31-2008, 04:01 PM
4 weeks to go,and I'm already getting antsy. This is my 45th year Anniversary of fishing Sabaskong. It's like going home. My grandson was the 4th generation of catching their first Musky at Sabaskong last year. Makes it hard to go anywhere else with that kind of tradition,and memories.

Smokin Joe
06-05-2008, 03:03 PM
June- Vilas County
July- Vermilion with Jason Hamernick
August- Vermilion, Houseboat trip with my boys
September- Mille Lacs with Steve Jonesi
October- Best of the Best Tourney on Green Bay and Vilas County
November- Mille Lacs with Lee Tauchen

I hope this is the year of the "FIDDY"
Good Luck All!!!!!!!!!!!!;-) ;-) ;-)

esox1750
06-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Mille lacs in a couple weeks and then again in September with Jonesi...And as many other days in between around my home waters...

JBlanck
06-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Going for what I hope are the prime times!
Eagle River Chain last week of June
Lake of the Woods July 19-26th
Mille Lacs Labor Day weekend with Jonesi
Deer Lake last weekend of September
Mille Lacs October ?
North Twin November full moon

Jeff Blanck

DEMolishedyou
06-15-2008, 02:39 PM
July 18-26: Eagle Lake
July 26- August 2: Cass Lake
With gas prices so high I had to combine my two trips also.

If only I could catch muskies!