PDA

View Full Version : New Vermillion Spot

Gooseguy10
07-31-2007, 09:45 PM
I was out fishing with a couple of buddies tonight on Vermillion. As we went under one of the bridges my buddy looked on the side of the bridge where someone had spray painted "fish crossing." He laughed and commented how probably no one fishes right in the skinny boat channel that goes under the bridge......yada, yada, yada, threw out his black buck tail and trolled it behind the boat for ten seconds and ......46 incher hit right under the bridge. Who would have thought that out of all the spots we hit, under the bridge in a narrow boat channel would be the spot to catch a 46 inch fish?

That was the only fish we saw tonight. My same buddy caught a 49 inch fish last night.

Top Water
08-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Thats the only bridge and YES the shade,narrow channel, and current associated with this little honey hole = some nice fish.

But don't tell anybody.

Jerome

Top Water
08-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Duh.....Stupid Fish......Duh.

KidDerringer
08-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Why mention some new you found on internet.
ODD.

Lots of people fish it as fish do swim in that place is as good as any to stop, rest, have a bite...
:)

Many other bridges on the lake.
Some go the way of Wonderwomen or Space Ghost while others are under the wet stuff hideing many, many things.

Hawgetta is a waiting for you, so go feed her.

T.

Gooseguy10
08-05-2007, 01:14 PM
I mentioned it on the internet b.c I thought it was funny and the fact that in nature of being part of the musky "community", someone else can fish there and create a good memory.

Silverscale
08-05-2007, 07:11 PM
I took a friend out the other day and he casted right on top of that bridge. Had to cut the line and drop him off on shore to go up and retrieve his lure and leader. Too funny. Now that's a memory. :-)

top water freak
08-06-2007, 06:51 PM
I troll a tunnel or tube into a back water alot. I have to remove the rods from the holders as they wont fit through! Great spot.

ToddM
08-06-2007, 06:59 PM
I stayed at Trancheff's Cabins right by there. Nice reasonable place to stay. I was in there boathouse once looking down into the water and seen a big crossmember that went lengthwise with the dock between two posts. At the time, i did not think much about it untill the next day I looked down and that crossmember was not there. Holy bejeezus that was a huge fish!

www.frvmuskie.com
http://www.jomusky.com/ToddM.html
http://www.zaltnad.com/
http://www.hoosierhandmademuskybaits.com/

Which end is the sucker on?

hammski
08-10-2007, 06:25 AM
First of all... NICE FISH... I had that fish follow twice, missed her on on figure 8 during daylight... then hooked her right where your friend did. We guessed her right at 46... thanks for confirmation... probably the only fish that lives there. :+

Secondly... take just one thought of how HEAVILY pressured Lake Vermilion is. Advice (take it or leave it): People probably don't need to know your "spots"... especially on Vermilion... because there's a good chance it's already someone else's spot too. Well... you just made "fish crossing" a community spot. Thanks a ton!

Silverscale
08-12-2007, 09:01 AM
If you're going to fish this community spot be advised that alot of boats don't bother to slow down when zipping under the bridge so keep an eye out for that person flying towards you at mach 1. I know a guy last year that was sideswiped very close to there. Hammski This place gets hit alot more than you think.

hammski
08-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Some local told me, and I told NO ONE... I believe that works the best for the spots you want to preserve. No big deal... I'm just a spot-aholic, and I prefer 100-proof spots... not 3.2 beer.

Top Water
11-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Here's a nice "bridge" pike that my oldest son caught during Hartmans tourney, it nailed a globe in 2 ft. of water. 41"

I should have specified muskie, What was I thinking?

Jerome