PDA

View Full Version : Going to LOTW Aug 4

Angela
07-25-2007, 11:00 AM
My Husband and I are going to Monument bay Lodge Aug 4 through 11th anyone have any sugestions I heard DC-10s and Double Cowgirls are hot.

top water freak
07-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Yep, Bring everything though, it can change in a hurry.

muskypatrol1
07-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Angela,

Just got home from LOTW on July 29. Stayed one week. Moved alot of fish and caught a 46, 40, and 38. Also some nice pike in the mix. We did well on black Joe Bucher top raiders. Also try throwing a brown and yellow buck tail. I used a muskie mainia with a fluted blade and had success. Also pulled some fish in the weeds so a safety pin style spinner bait was good along the weed edges. There have been a couple of musky schools going on in the area so it has been hit hard. But best of luck wish I could go for another week. Let us know how you do.

Angela
08-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Thank You I'll let ya know how we did. Be back on the 13th. Maybe Ha Ha

FishnMusky43
08-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Just DONT FORGET YOUR COWGIRLS OR DC 10'S. :D ;) :7 :9

Mr Musky
08-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Well you are either up on lake of the woods or back allready. I just wanted to say that my partner and I put 27 musky's in the boat during our trip earlier this year and we did not catch one fish on a Cowgirl or DC-10. We threw them once in a great while and if we stuck with them im sure we would have caught fish but the basic bucktails and topwaters were working just as well if not better for us. 27 fish in 7 days is nothing to shake a stick at!

Mr Musky

musky skunk
08-17-2007, 06:45 AM
I'll shake a stick at ya, and call you one lucky SOB!

No, I'd just shake a stick at you, its not luck when you catch 27! We went early this year and boated 10, good trip but early July was slower this year than normal, next year they better keep an eye out for a 18' Red Ranger though... especially the 50"+ers.

Hope the big #10's come through for you, they seem to be working well all over, even considering the majority of the musky boats are throwing them.

Angela
08-20-2007, 06:55 PM
We ended up having a good time but no fish. Horrible weather different weather everyday saw a lot of really big fish follow in on DC10s and topraiders threw my arm off with the bait and never ended up hookin up. Fish were blowin up on the topraiders but never got hooked. Went back at good times and never seen the fish again. Had a 40 come up on a 14ft rock shelf to eat a rumbler (the only one out of three that we had that worked)lost it at the boat. Got a few really nice pike to make the trip at least. Going to Chataqua here soon and I think we might try Eagle lake next year.Good luck with your rumblers you might find one that doesnt roll.
Angela