PDA

View Full Version : Lobster Lake near Alexandria, mn

JeffW
06-17-2007, 05:58 PM
I am planning to be in the Alexandria area within the next few weeks and would like to try Lobster lake. Have the muskies been biting there this year. I have never fished there before and would appreciate any assistance you can give. Thanks.

DEMolishedyou
06-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Hey man, I will be up on Lobster at the beginning of next week. I will let you know how the fishing was. Just curious when will yoube up there?

JeffW
06-21-2007, 07:31 AM
I will be up there on the 26th or 27th. I have never fished it before. Can you give me any tips about areas to fish and what baits to use. I would really appreciate it.

DEMolishedyou
06-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Last couple years I have been on Lobster for MN opener, and usually then I used smaller bright(mainly orange) baits. Some lures I would suggest are shumwy flashers and muskie treats. Also just about anywhere shallow with cabbage is where I would suggest to fish. I might see you up there then!

lundrog
06-27-2007, 05:18 AM
I fished this two weekends ago, but only for a couple hours. I missed two on a top water and had a couple follows.

Pls post your results.

DEMolishedyou
07-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Fishing started out pretty slow but got better mid-week when we left the Alexandria area for the Cass/Bemidji area. Most follows were on topwater or bucktails but my dad caught his first musky(the only fish caught out of Lobster by us) trolling a grandma.
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q303/DEMolishedyou/IMG_0096.jpg

chuckski
07-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Great picture,looks like someone had some fun.:7

JeffW
07-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I finally got out to lobster yesterday. Fishing was very slow. We just had one follow on a top raider. We talked to a few other people on the lake and it sounds like it has been slow there all season.

TopwaterTeRRoRs
07-17-2007, 02:17 PM
I have a place on lobster and have been going up there every weekend. It has by far been the poorest season yet. It also is one of the hardest times to fish this lake. It seems they have certain times they bite ( all throughout the day). And there are fish all over the water column.......

DEMolishedyou
07-22-2007, 06:05 AM
Hey, any more reports from lobster... or Miltona?

musky skunk
08-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Not to bring back a dead thread but I am going to hit Lobster for the first time on the 18th, and 19th of August. I don't want any spots but any info on the types of structure/depth level the fish typically use over there would be extremely helpful.