PDA

View Full Version : Rowan Lake

muskywedden
06-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Whats The Fishing Like Up Rowan Lake In Ontario Canada, Is September A Good Month For The Fall Fatty Or October, Whos Been Up There.:7

chuckski
06-09-2007, 11:05 AM
I never been there but,the Muskies in the lake are some of the fattest and world class fish are present.
I only know of two camps on the lake.
Bob's Rowon Lake Lodge and Niesen's Fly In Lodge.
Being fly in only not sure how late in the fall they opperate.

Slimeball
06-09-2007, 01:37 PM
A nice camp (and most expensive) on Rowan is Hook 'N Horn Wilderness Camp. Dont think their open in October though.
http://hooknhorn.net/

Sackett
06-18-2007, 11:20 AM
I've stayed at Neilsen's. Cabins are nice and the american plan at the lodge is excellent. Rowan fishing is some of the most interesting you will ever find. Tallest "cabbage" you will ever find in some places. Do not forget bulldawgs, this style bait is great in many a place up there. Lots of deep humps. I fished with Don(owner) and Paul, a guide there, if he's still there. Both are great fisherman and are good to fish with. Plus they both are the only ones with large boats that can move quicker than the rentals. That would be the only knock against this lodge, the inability to have a faster moving rig for when you need it. Big fish here though, and again, some of the coolest spots you'll ever see.
Later
Sackett