PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Lake, Scott County, MN

MuskyRoller
05-21-2007, 06:04 AM
Hey guys. Looking for some general information on the musky population for this lake in Scott County (near New Prague). Is it worth while to give it a shot this summer?

Steve

muskypatrol1
06-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Steve,

I fished Cedar Lake last Saturday for the opener. The lake is choked full of weeds. The lake is very shallow only about 12 to 14 feet deep at the deepest points. I talked to several people and they had either caught muskies or had some luck. The lake is a tiger musky lake and I think there are plenty of them. If was just frustrating picking weeds off the lure after every cast and having the propeller full of weeds. Best of luck. Let me know how it goes. If you get frustrated with the weeds there is a nice lake just North of Cedar called Spring lake on Highway 13, just no muskies.

Jim

MuskyRoller
06-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Wow, you weren't kidding the lake is weed choked. There is not one stretch of the lake that is fishable. Went out on Sunday for a few hours and saw zilch. Threw spinnerbaits (all that can be used it seems like). Just went to the South end and drifted back to the landing. Did I miss something here?

Steve

muskypatrol1
06-13-2007, 12:05 PM
I guess you found the same results I did. I've been thinking of ways to fish this lake because I believe it has nice musky in it. I just think the weeds make it such and unejoyable trip. I think single hook bucktails fished fast would be the only way to get a lure through clean once in a while. Maybe the weeds will go away later in the season. It was just a frustrating experience. Better luck next time.

Jim

JeffW
06-19-2007, 12:10 PM
I also fished there last Thursday. I got frustrated with the weeds after about a half hour and went to another lake.

JeffW
07-22-2007, 05:22 AM
Has anyone tried Cedar lately? I am wondering if the weed situation is better. Last year they used chemicals and it got better for a while.