PDA

View Full Version : hayward area trip

b_seiser
04-20-2007, 07:56 AM
I am taking a trip to hayward area the week of july 6-14 Fishing Lake sissabagama, sand lake, and maybe lac courte, or grindstone. Any tips on baits or patterns on where to fish. Is there any suspended fish/baitfish in these lakes? Thanks

Brent Seiser

jtmenard
04-25-2007, 10:41 AM
On Sand, work the south and north shorelines along with the northeast corner by the boatlanding.

On LCO, there are plenty of suspended baitfish. The water probably won't be too warm yet, so fish will likely still be relating to weeds and bars especially right before dark. I'd still try to locate schools of suspended ciscos and troll them during the day.

J. Menard

b_seiser
04-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks, that helps, I wasnt sure how much of a suspended baitfish there was out there. but that helps.
Brent Seiser

muskybait
05-09-2007, 10:50 AM
You will enjoy Big Sis. Nice fish, lots of 40's in that lake. Go during mid-week to avoid the people. Fish the boat landing bay hard, caught lots of nice fish w/o even starting my big motor. Lake is easy to fish. Bouys all over, biggest key for me was transition weeds. Red cabbage to green to pads etc.etc. Work the islands well and most of all, don't forget the dogs or bullys off the deep side. Good Luck:)