PDA

View Full Version : Okauchee Lake, WI

jstud_246
04-15-2007, 07:18 AM
My dad lives in Oklahoma, and he will be coming up for some fishing at the beginning of June. We have fished Pewaukee Lake quite a bit in the past, but we would like to try some different lakes in the area. I just picked up a map for Okauchee Lake, and I would like to get some feedback on baits to use, areas to fish, and such to try. Could anyone help me out? Anything you have would be helpful!

Thanks a lot in advance,

Jason

ghitierman
05-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Jason since nobody has replied in almost a month I will give you a bit of advice. But you are gonna have to work for it. First advice baits. I am gonna use the words of the editor."Muskies are Muskies are Muskies." Okauchee is full of Shad so naturals work well. Silvers, Whites and golds. Second advice, grab a map. Once again "Muskies are Muskies are Muskies." If you can fish 1 lake you can fish another." Cover for ski's is pretty easy to find on this lake it has sharp weed edges, large flats, and some good shoreline structure. There is also rocks, stumps, and weeds. And a map will tell you where. Hot Spots makes the best one.