PDA

View Full Version : Lower Manitou

MNSteveH
04-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Anybody have any experience fishing the lower end of Lower Manitou (ie from the "stretch" south into Esox Lake?) How's the road getting into there? Is there much pressure or do most fishermen go further north (ie Barker Bay Outpost, etc). Any places to camp near the road/ramp area? etc. This area looks like it might be a relatively easy area to ge in and out of for a short trip and maybe most guys bypass this area since the only camps are many miles to the north.

Not looking for secret spots, just general info. Send me an email if you don't want to post. skhahnmn@aol.com

Outfitter17
04-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Hi MNsteveH,

There is great fishing in the strecth and especially esox lake. There is tons of structure, for summer pattern muskies. I have camp manitou located on an island right in the middle of the strectch, about 4 miles north of esox and 6 miles south of where lower manitou opens up, also about 10 miles south of barker bay. Most of our muskie fisherman fish around camp and down in esox, every once in awhile they will head up to the big lake. To my knowledge there is no non-resident camping in this area. The road heading in is a very well maintained gravel road, however the last 1.5 miles to the boat landing is alittle rough. If you would like some more info on the area, you can e-mail me at campmanitou@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Matt