PDA

View Full Version : Cliff Lake, ONT

jackpotjohnny48
03-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Hi guys,

Anybody ever fish Cliff Lake? I'll be up at Cedar Lake in early/mid August and wanted to spend a few days checking out Cliff. Anybody have any feedback or suggestions to point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!
"Jackpot" John Schroeder

Steve Bates
03-05-2007, 05:10 PM
I've fished Cliff for about the last ten years. It's tough because of the water clarity. Sometimes you can see as far as 15 feet. I would say it averages 10 ft. water clarity. Blue, black, and brown seem to work best...bucktails, cranks, and jerks. There are nice weedbeds throughout the lake and those generally hold fish. The biggest fish I've seen come off of rock, though. Usually points going to deep water.

Good luck.

Breal31
03-06-2007, 12:20 PM
As above, fish any weeds, timber, or bullrush you can find. Cliff is a beautiful lake, but there is a lot of "dead" water out there that you will have to weed through.

Check out the chain of lakes that connect, especially Evening and Twilight. Lotsa fish out there

Steve Bates
03-06-2007, 01:07 PM
ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....you don't want to let the cat out of the bag on this one ;)

I'm just kidding...BReal...email me about the "Chain" and surrounding lakes.

fishinbuddy
05-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Anyone here got water temps? Water level?
Seems we got early ice-out and low water?

bays are smaller/shrunk due to lower water level? warmer sooner? shortened spawn?

fish already moving deeper by mid-June?

predictions?
data?
reports?

who's got the scoop?

fishinbuddy
06-11-2007, 12:17 PM
I'm gonna be there at the end of the week!

Rose_Cliff Lake
12-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Rose Engelke

John, I couldnt help but to respond. My husband and I just bought Lost Bay Resort on Cliff Lake. Did you get to fish it on your last trip and if so, how did you do?

Rose_Cliff Lake
12-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Rose Engelke

Steve, where do you stay when you go to Cliff Lake and how did you do this summer?

MuskyRoller
12-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Hi,
We stay at Sharpe's.

My friend and I camp there and were there in early August this past summer. Did well on the surrounding lakes. In three days we boated 46 muskies with the biggest being (only) 38". Good time, though and we're going back for a third year in a row on this type of trip.

Steve

Rose_Cliff Lake
12-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Rose Engelke

I'm glad you had a good time. For 2008 would you consider our camp?