PDA

View Full Version : Trips for 2007?

jamie
01-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Where are you guys going in 2007?

I'll be heading to Pipestone on June 16th.
I'm gonna be doing more muskie fishing this time. The last 2 years have been mainly 4 digit smallie trips, but after rasing up 17 and catching 2 (the first was on cast #5), I HAVE to dedicate first and last light to chasing muskies exclusively.

Then in the last week of August I'm heading to Taltson Bay on Great Slave in the Northwest territories.
The Taltson trip is truly a dream trip. I've been looking forward to that one for years! Should be great. I'm being guided by 18 time Taltson tripper John Mich. Lookin' to crack the 50" mark for pike!

sockpupet
01-18-2007, 06:15 AM
18 time tripper??? Are you practicing your smile??
Bob

jamie
01-18-2007, 08:03 AM
Yeah. I also plan on going to the tanning salon for a month just so I don't look like that kid from "Powder" while standing next to Geronimo.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/customfish/geronimo.jpg

Big fish only
01-19-2007, 06:49 PM
My trip for 2007 is going to be same as last year a trip to Andy Myers lodge, as long as my grades hold:D . My dad and I will be going. Any predictions on Next years hot lure?
-Alexander

EC Musky Dude
01-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Where on LOTW is Pipestone? I'm hoping to head to Baystore in the NW Angle in July for a week.

jamie
02-13-2007, 08:16 AM
:+

Juhas
02-13-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't believe you about LOTW. I think you did put it in the post big man. 12 paces, turn and fire!!!
Chris

jamie
02-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Funny Chris. Very funny.
Now get back in the ring.

jackpotjohnny48
02-21-2007, 10:21 PM
2 trips planned so far...

1. June 30 - July 7 Thaddeus Lake

2. Aug 4 - Aug 18 Cedar Lake, ONT

Counting down the days,
"Jackpot" John Schroeder

jamie
02-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Jackpot,
Where's Thaddius?

I'm looking forward to hitting lakes other than Pipestone in June. Going to fish Shistose, Loonhaunt, Stonedam, Straw, Sucan and Helena.
Still have to book a day with Gregg Thomas as well.
Then Taltson Bay with Pud in late August ( do i need a parka then Pud?)
Man, it's REALLY difficult thinking about going back to Tomahawk once Ontario became available yearly. Couple that with NWT and fishing anywhere else just kinda sucks.

Juhas
02-28-2007, 05:20 PM
No parka just condoms. Are you at the Extreme Show this weekend?? I hear Pud is.
Chris

FishnMusky43
03-01-2007, 12:22 PM
There is only two BIG trips planned for me this year and they are:

Walshs bay store camp July 7 thru the 21st.
And
Mille lacs the second week in september

jamie
03-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Juhas,
Customfish wont be in it regretably. Too Busy and stuck in the shop. I'll be attending at some point though. When are you going?

back to the trips stuff: I have had plans for 2 years to hit Mille lacs for smallies but just can't seem to actually get there due to Pipestone and Taltson Bay. I gotta do that some time though.

Juhas
03-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Jamie
I'm looking at going some time late tomorrow into the evening.
Chris

jackpotjohnny48
03-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Jamie,

Thaddeus is located just East of Cedar/Cliff. I'm guessing about 40 miles Northeast of Vermilion Bay, ONT. This will be my first trip to Thaddeus. Has a reputation for excellent walleye fishing, and I think the musky fishing is somewhat under the radar.

"Jackpot" John Schroeder

15muskyfisher15
03-07-2007, 04:06 PM
im goin to cedar lake lodge in canada

Outfitter17
04-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Hey Jamie,

I was reading your post and it mentioned that you were going to try Straw, Sucan, and Helena Lakes? Pipestone Lodge doesn't have any boats on any of the three lakes you mentioned. Happy Landing Lodge has the boats on those lakes. Pipestone Lodge has a permit for a boat on sucan, but the boat was destroyed in a mini flood in 2002 and the boat was never replaced. If you are using these boats, you are not suppose to, only the guests of Happy Landing are allowed to use them. Just thought you might want to know, before you get into the lakes this summer. I just giving you a heads up, good luck this summer.

jamie
04-11-2007, 06:09 AM
Outfitter,
Thanks for the heads up. I'll check and see if Happy Landing rents boats to Pipestone. That was my understanding.
I thought Straw and Sucan are both accesible thru the Pipestone River by using Pipestone Lodge boats.
Thanks for the heads up.

Outfitter17
04-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Jamie,

I think you may be wrong about the access to Straw and Sucan, you cross a small beaver dam that is about 4 inches tall in the channel of the pipestone creek, but you them proceed for about another 2 blocks until you reach an impassable point where you park your boat. You tie up your boat get out the boat and carry your rods, tackle, shorelunch kit and bait up to the boats on straw and sucan. The elevation changes about 20 feet so I know you can't just drive through. All the boats on the top side (6) belong to Happy Landing with the proper permits to be there. Pipestone Lodge had one permit for sucan, but the boat was destroyed in a storm in 2002 and never replaced. Thus they don't have any boats on these two lakes to legally use. I don't know anything about using them on a reservation basis, because Happy Landing owns them.
Helena Lake only has 1 boat cache on it issued by the MNR and it is owned also by Happy Landing Lodge and they have a 14' lund on the lake for there guests to use.

You mentioned that the resorts use each others boats? To my knowledge HLL has never used any of PL boats.

jamie
04-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Outfitter,

Sounds to me like you fish these lakes. Please rest assured in knowing that our entire business is based on the principle of Catch & Release. I'm not looking to lay waste to the place and hook every fish that swims in it....I have a host of other lakes I fish on that chain that need to be fished that week as well.
;-)

superbee
04-16-2007, 03:49 PM
I guide up there and am good friends with the owner of Happy Landing. We have only RENTED the boats out on Straw/Sucan 2 times over the last 5 years. If you are coming in June, there is not much of a chance as HLL is very busy then and will be utilizing there boats for there guests. And I talked with Matt of HLL today and he said Art hasn't even contacted him, so maybe Art is speaking out of line before clarifying it with Happy Landing Lodge.

jamie
04-17-2007, 06:24 AM
Wow. You guys are making phone calls about this???
Um...okaaaay.
I'm gonna get off of this subject and not say anything anymore after this response.
You guys are obviously pretty freaked out about someone fishing there. You must have went and read my reports. Listen...I am relaying to you what I was told. Ok??? Jeeeez.
Anyhooo...forget I said anything. Ok? Everyone just chill out and try not to get too worked up about someone else catching and releasing a fish. I OWN a company dedicated to CPR...a company that has been promoting your area. I was hoping to fish different lakes to FURTHER promote your area. That's all.

I'm sitting here scratching my head in disbelief that you actually went the extra mile to make a call about this.
Topic closed. Have a great day.

MUSKY_18
05-07-2007, 11:07 PM
DOn't have much time for a long trip this summer, so me and my partners are going to make our "Tour of Minnesota" in Sept. We will be hitting Mantrap, Leech, Little Boy/Wabedo, and finish up on Mille Lacs. Should be a fun trip!

The Musky Maniac
05-12-2007, 05:26 AM
Heading to the Chip 6/9 through 6/15, and Lost Land Lake in September.

Jay SBMC
05-20-2007, 04:17 PM
My usual Sabaskong trip,but we are making it a 2 week trip vs 1 week.Will fish the first 2 weeks in July.Will be staying at Helliars,and dropping some serious dollars nightly at Greens.I first started fishing Sabaskong in 63,and it's like home.