PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Lake

pointmusky
12-30-2006, 08:37 PM
I plan on renting a houseboat on Rainy Lake in early September next year. I just bought a map of it and it looks very similar to LOTW as far as structure and size. I have one week to hit an area hard for musky and several people going with me on the boat are interested in Walleye. As I see it, I have three options for the week. I could go north into the Northeast Bay up to Ash and Manitou Bay areas, Northeast towards the Redgut Bay area or straight east towards the Stokes and Seine Bay area.

Has anybody had any experience with this body of water who could give me any ideas?
Thanks

Top Water
01-04-2007, 08:42 PM
You could get into walleye and BIG muskie on lake Vermillion.
Lake Vermillion House boats can help you out and its 1.5 hrs. closer than Rainy Lake. Its also a better fishery for both muskie and walleye.

Ace Guide Service does both walleye and muskie trips.

Also most of the crowds have left by then. Later,

Jerome

Millsie2
01-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Vermillion is NOT a better walleye lake than Rainy. He did not ask about V. He asked about Rainy.

Top Water
01-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Millsie2,

I didn't mean to start anything by my suggestion or opinion
but if you ask anyone that fished for walleye on vermilloin after labor day they will tell you that the walleye were on fire in the fall.
The summer walleye bite sucked but the fall bite was fantastic for most fishermen.Rainy may be better for walleye fishing.

Oh, and buy the way, muskie fishing IS MUCH better on Vermillion than Rainy!!

JEROME