PDA

View Full Version : Lures

Money Spent
11-21-2006, 12:29 AM
Planning my first Musky trip for next year to Eagle Lake. Having never gone before I am in the dark when it comes to lures. I know I will get about 100 different opinions on this one but can someone please suggest or offer their top ten lures. Thanks.

Moneyspent

Big fish only
11-23-2006, 10:06 AM
My top ten are (not in order) For Colours
1 magnum Bulldawg, black, cisco, black orange, or black white
2 9in grandma, Black or something really dark
3 topraider, doesnt really matter
4 depthraider , perch, cisco, or sucker
5 2oz Funky Chicken, black+orange
6 doubleCowgirl, rainbow
7 reef Hawg, no preference for colour
8 Home Made Lures, any colour that isnt see very often
9 Mepps Marabou, firetiger (that was hot 'till I lost it:-( )
10 Chatterbait, orange blade black/red dressings
Just My 10 baits (orange and black for colours is usually a safe bet)
If you go, check the reports board at Andy Myers Lodge as they will have the most uptodate info (just my opinion). And if you go to AML they will put you on fish.
Good luck,
Alexander

momuskyman
11-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Big fish man had it -

Suick
Mepps Maribou
Magnum Bulldawg
Topraider

Good luck, Eagle Lake is awesome

Kingfisher
12-07-2006, 07:59 PM
You should get a couple of Talonz Deepthreats in Walleye and Sucker and Troll them in 20 feet of water. Big Twin blade Bucktails like the Shumway Flasher and Talonz Spinline . Nilsmaster 10 inch invincible is another great lure. Kingfisher

BLL_BIGFISH
12-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Money Spent
Member since 6-9-06
4 posts 11-21-06, 00:29 AM (CST)

"Lures"

Planning my first Musky trip for next year to Eagle Lake. Having never gone before I am in the dark when it comes to lures. I know I will get about 100 different opinions on this one but can someone please suggest or offer their top ten lures. Thanks.
Moneyspent

Money Spent,

You didn't state when you will be fishing... may make some difference in lure size choices.

Fished with top guides last summer... 2nd week of July, and note
they primarily used the following:

TopRaider
Bucktail
Grandma

We saw more large fish than I have in 30+ years fishing WI. Drop me an email if you'd like more detail. (brucelocher@gmail.com)

Bruce

Vince Weirick
01-08-2007, 02:52 PM
If you are going to Andy Myers Lodge...check in with Steve Herbeck a week or 2 before and he will tell you exactly what to bring!

knife2sharp
05-24-2007, 11:04 AM
I've been to Eagle Lake twice in the last two years. I've gone with the 3M fishing club in August and I don't as much muskie fishing as I'd like.

There is one lure that has caught 2 muskies and had another on it that came off, with one of the caught muskies being 43" and that's the pike colored polish bait, I think it's called Gapens. All 3 fish were caught trolling during the midday.

They've been caught on two different sizes, the larger two. I've had luck on other lakes trolling with pike colored lures as well.