PDA

View Full Version : Heading back to Clearfork Reservoir

NathenPD
11-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Well guys, I have planned atrip to Clear Fork reservoir on the 22 of November, and hope it turns out better then the last trip there. Last trip we caught 0 muskies, but a nice 4-5 lb largemouth. I am thinking of taking suckers for my lazier fishing buddy, and am trying to plan out something to improve my chances of boating a muskie. Does anyone have any tips or strategy for fishing the Fork?

The Rapala Man

tonypetras
11-16-2006, 04:52 PM
I spent 5 hours on Clear Fork (Ohio I assume you are referring to) yesterday. East winds and cool temperatures were the order of the day. I worked the island northeast of the ramp and the east shore around and past where the boat docks had been. No catches, no follows. I used a Shallow Invader, Tiger Tube, bucktail, Suick, and an assortment of spinnerbait-style lures. The best thing about the day was that I was the only one on the water!

Good luck next week; watch out for the duck hunters out there.

Kingfisher
12-07-2006, 06:55 PM
My wife and I have scored a few Muskies therein past years. We got a couple of smaller ones there this past spring. Trolling seems to be the ticket to getting bigger ones. We saw a 42 incher caught on a Loke trolled on a down rod. They were in 16 feet of water. We got a 31 and a 34 casting small baits shallow inbetween the two river mouths. The hot lures were Crane 205 for the 31 and a Talonz Little Claw in a twitch version mother of pearl color. I have often thought of trying there in the fall. Please post your results. Kingfisher