PDA

View Full Version : Upper French River

Money Spent
10-21-2006, 11:27 PM
Thinking about possibly heading up to Ontario next year for some Muskie action. I have seen a few posts from Lunge Lodge. Can anyone vouch for this lodge and the fishing. How about any other lodges in the area? Thanks.

Moneyspent

tonypetras
10-23-2006, 07:12 AM
My son and I have been frequenting the Lunge Lodge for the past 7 years. Between the two of us, we've been there 13 times. The owners are two guys from Pittsburgh who have turned what was once a run-down facility into a very comfortable, fisherman friendly facility. I take my own boat, but theirs are very nice - 16' and 18' Sylvans and Princecrafts with electric start motors, pedestal seats, live wells, etc.

We always go American Plan (they cook, clean, etc.) and the food is very good - filling, tasty, and a nice variety.

This year's musky fishing reports were of high-quality fish - not huge numbers, but some very nice fish. Many 50" fish were reported this year.

There are other lodges on the Upper French, but for the price, there's not a better one than the Lunge Lodge.

Check it out at lungelodge.net, or contact me at tonypetras@aol.com.

Tony Petras

Will_S
10-29-2006, 08:30 AM
I'll second Lunge Lodge. Mike and Todd run a very good outfit. The fishing can be tough at times, but there are some nice fish to be had. There have been several 50+ inch fish boated during our stays there over the years. The muskie madness week is a great!

In 2006 a fellow caught his first ever muskie and set the lodge length record at 57 inches!

Their new website is:
http://www.lungelodge.net/welcome.htm

Slimeball
10-29-2006, 01:29 PM
>Thinking about possibly heading up to Ontario next year for
>some Muskie action. I have seen a few posts from Lunge
>Lodge. Can anyone vouch for this lodge and the fishing. How
>about any other lodges in the area? Thanks.
>
>Moneyspent

Moneyspent,
I can recommend Lunge Lodge and Casa Blanca Lodge as well. As for the muskie fishing, the Upper French/Nipissing watershed is very tough more often than not. In fact, days without a single follow are not uncommon. There is most definitly a fishable population including some real giants, just be prepared to put your time in. If your'e more interested in just hooking up (numbers), time would be better spent a few hours south in the Kawartha's.

Jay