PDA

View Full Version : Ash Rapids area LOTW

Sawbones
09-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Hello froma recent convert to musky hunting. Great site!
Does anyone here know the Ash Rapids area of LOTW? I have been trying a lot of different spots without any luck. Seems like they should be productive based on Pearson's Muskies on the Shield (great read BTW)but not. Any tips? Thanks a lot!

MUSKY_18
09-08-2006, 12:00 PM
We stay at Ash Rapids every year on our trip. You are right, it is a wonderful area. We run into Labrynth quite a bit. Once you get into the main bay, there are to little islands on the left side. They have some nice rock/weed fingers off of them. Most of the islands on the front part of the bay have really good rock fingers coming off of them. We were up there in Oct, and did well trolling with Cisco Kids and Believers. We also like Ptarmegan. The first sets of islands have really nice rock saddles between them. We have caught alot of fish off of these areas. Being that i am in Iraq right now, i don't have my maps or I could give you alot more spots to look at/fish. The reef off of the bouy's coming into Ash Rapids have some good reefs as well. I know this isn't the best of help, but i thought I would throw you my two cents!!! Good luck!

Sawbones
09-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Hey, thanks for the info Brett.
Thanks for your service over there. Hoping you get back safely and soon so you can come back and enjoy LOTW again! God bless!
Dave