PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report??

msmuskyhunter
07-25-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm heading to the Winnipeg River (Gun Lake, Big Sand, Rough Rock, etc.) this weekend. Has anyone been there this summer? Water conditions? Cabbage? Any summer condition report would be appreciated.

PCW

KSauers
07-31-2006, 07:43 PM
Just got back. Fishing pretty slow. Didn't see any big fish. Normal water level and good weed growth. Bucktails during the day and topwater at night. 90% of fish seen at sunset. I guess this is a little late. LOL

brians79930
08-03-2006, 08:28 AM
PCW,

Curious to hear how the trip went. We were there in June and had a descent trip but no 50" class in the boat. Weed growth at that time was poor. I'm heading up on September 8th and hope for a much better week.

Musky_John
08-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Minaki Area trip report. Found plenty of three foot lookers but no 4 foot takers. Ended up with 9 ski's in the boat for the group up to 43". Wondering if the Big Girls were off of deeper structure or non-existent. I hope the three footers are a good year class that will mature into a nice set of 4 footers in a few years. The week we were there 7/22 - 7/28 top water swing baits were the ticket (e.g., Jackpots, Docs, etc...). The weather was blue bird everyday with the exception of one day in which we moved a large number of fish all day. On the blue bird days we moved fish early and mostly late. Anyone else have any luck. I'm hoping the size restictions and catch and release is going to improve the fishery and start producing more 45" - 50" fish.