PDA

View Full Version : Lac Suel Muskies

MJD
07-10-2006, 09:20 PM
I am planning my first musky trip to the east end of Lac Suel with my son. I hope to put him on some fish. Locations worth exploring would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Gooseguy10
07-10-2006, 10:45 PM
I am sure that this is probably not the most popular thing to say on a musky website but on Lac Suel skip the muskies and go with the walleyes. I am sure you have been up there before (and therefore already know this) but if you want to get you kid on fish, stick with the walleyes...it is hard to beat 30-50 fat walleyes a day.

MJD
07-11-2006, 06:30 PM
You are right on target, we plan to fish walleyes occasionally. I would like to use walleye fishing to break up the day and for shore lunch. Musky hunting is something he is starting to develop a taste for.... I am hoping this will be a good combo trip.

mooskie
07-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Forget the walleye, muskies are where it's at. I'm heading there next week to fish muskie. Been going there for 15 years. We have had many fish over 50 and last year I lost one boatside that was 60+. Get some walleye for dinner, spend the rest of the time casting. What camp are you fishing out of?