PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Lake Info

augman69
06-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Has anyone been out on Eagle in the northeast section (stanton island)? Just looking for info before I head up there in 5 weeks!

Augman

Breal31
06-30-2006, 01:56 AM
I just stayed at a cabin up near there....We only fished the general area for 2 days...It certainly isn't the easiest water to learn. Bullrush and weeds everywhere, lots of stuff that looks the same. It's my opinion that hiring a guide or planning on putting in some major time on the water to learn spots is a must...

augman69
07-12-2006, 10:39 AM
YES YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THAT.i'VE BEEN GOING THERE FOR ABOUT 9 YEARS NOW SO i'M STARTING TO GET A BETTER IDEA OF WHATS UP.THE THING THATS BEEN GETTING ME THE LAST 2 YEARS HAVE BEEN THE WEATHER EVERY TIME THERE WE GET THE FRONT AND THEN THE WIND FROM HELL AND IT 'S MADE FISHING VERY SLOW LATELY FOR US. LAST YEAR WE HAD 13 FOLLOWS IN 2 AND A HALF DAYS WITH ONE 40" MUSKY AND A 40" PIKE IN THE BOAT THE THE WEATHER KILLED US FOR THE NEXT 4 DAYS.SUCK BIG TIME HOPEFULLY THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT

BLL_BIGFISH
07-19-2006, 06:38 PM
"Eagle Lake Info"

Has anyone been out on Eagle in the northeast section (stanton island)? Just looking for info before I head up there in 5 weeks!

Augman

My son and I fished Eagle (mostly Vermillion Bay) last week. Air temps went from hot to cold and then very hot, with water heating up to 76 by Thursday. My son caught a 49 1/2 and 39 inch fish on Tuesday. (script errors when attempting to attach... so no pics here)

Bruce

augman69
07-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Sorry for the delayed response! 8 days till take off .i can't wait I also found out the water is down about 2'.but the last time I was there with low water we did real good so time will tell.