PDA

View Full Version : St Clair

Kingfisher
07-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Its hard to believe it can get better but it did. July 15th thru 19th. 4 and 1/2 days on the water 22 Muskies!!! Hot Lures were again the Talonz Slashers in Suckers and Olive frog taking 15 of the 22 fish. Mordas Minnows kicked in 6 and we got one on a Loke. Big fish was a 48 incher with a 22 inch girth. Also a nice 46 and another pair of 45's. Water temps were getting warm so we water released all but three fish and all went back fine. Down rods at 20 back with 4 oz mini balls and board rods 25 and 2. Trolling speeds at 4.3 or near. Fish were locating on Bait fish clouds in 16.17 feet of water. We fished from the ruscom river to the Dumps. Kingfisher

Kingfisher
08-04-2006, 05:04 PM
All of the Musky action has Michelle King now a Talonz Pro staffer leading all women in the Muskies inc mofc contest. Lake St. Clair continues to be putting up big numbers and big fish. Heatwave charters has logged in two more 30 plus pounders in the last several days. Talonz Slashers continue to be one of the top producing lures on St. Clair. Wileys, Mordas Minnows and Leo lures also hot . Cedar baits rule on this body of water. Trolling continues to be the best presentation with planer boards going most of the time. Kingfisher

Kingfisher
11-02-2006, 11:29 PM
The unbelievable thing was we got them all three in a row. One on the 8th and two 52's on the 9th with no other fish inbetween. The last one had several Lamprey eels on it and was a little bloody from her battles with the eels.We removed the eels and killed them before we let her go.The last fish was a 52 by 23. Nice fatty for Lake St. Clair. Kingfisher

Kingfisher
11-16-2009, 07:51 AM
St. Clair opened with a bang for My wife Michelle and I. in three weeks we logged 9 days on the water and boated 21 Muskies. Biggest fish were a 44,45,45,47,48,49,49,. Lots of high 30's and a few 40's . We got a couple on Tuff Shads in brown Pikie but the hot Lure was a Talonz Slasher in a Coco Perch. All of the big fish came on this lure except one of the 45's. My wife now leads the womens division of Muskies inc mofc contest with 25 fish and over 300 points.We stayed at St Clair shores Campground on Stoney point between Belle river and the Thames river. Water temps are at 70/71 and holding. We contacted most fish in 18 feet but caught a few in closer. Slashers were available at Wallys baits on Sandwich street in Windsor . Coco perch and Black Sucker were the top colors going. We used Planer boards and ran lines back 25 feet with 2 to 3 oz. of inline weight. Trolling speeds at 4.3 gps. Kingfisher

Kingfisher
Heres another St. Clair Fatty,who says these fish are thin??? this one was 29 lbs. 48 inches

Kingfisher
October 7th thru the 11th were slow on the numbers but we boated three 50 inchers in two days!!! My wife was up for two of them 51 and two nice 52 inchers. Heres the pics. Kingfisher