PDA

View Full Version : Sept. on the Chipppewa Flowage

johnkleiss
06-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Planning a trip to the Chippewa Flowage right after Labor Day (Second week in Sept). Would like any advice on best lure type and preferred structure for this time of year.
Plan to be in the Cheif Lake area, and plan to primarily fish the west side of the lake.
I have been to the lake before in the summer (June and August) so I am pretty familar with the lake.

Thanks,
John

fish4musky1
06-24-2006, 06:55 PM
during sept topwaters are stil going pretty good. you will also want some suicks, big games, ghost tails and other big jerks, twitchs and bukctails.

DaveD
06-30-2006, 12:39 PM
You've already gotten some good advice.
Key on the weeds.
Primary lures will be bucktails (Ghost Tails and Bootails), surface baits (Top Raiders, Pacemakers, Globes, Creepers, Hawg Wobblers) and some jerks (9" Suick, 6" Reef Hawgs).
Be sure to have a black bucktail with orange blade and a black bucktail with lime green blade.
Mid-Sept is prime time for big fish on the Chip.
Good Fishing,
Dave Dorazio

1975 Le Lure
07-14-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm pretty sure the 2006 Musky Hunt is that week. 200 tournament fisherman on the Chip. But don't let that change your mind about fishing. The Chip is big enough, stop into Jenks or Pastika's to get daily fishing reports....good luck

johnkleiss
08-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the input. My date has been moved back to week 3 in Sept in an attempt to take advantage of the new moon and to avoid the post labor day soar mouths.

John Kleiss