PDA

View Full Version : where to get a musky drawn up

musky_n8
09-16-2009, 03:35 PM
If I wanted a musky drawn up for my company/ trademarked. So we can get copy written. Any Ideas who may be great at this? Or maybe for a tatto also? Any Ideas? About what would it cost also?

muskie_nut
09-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Drew????

I'm not sure, but do you mean drawn??????

musky_n8
09-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Yea drawn. Sorry about my grammer!

pointerpride102
09-16-2009, 05:07 PM
A good tattoo artist should be able to draw whatever you'd like as long as you have a picture. I'd think long and hard about getting a musky themed tattoo like some have. No offense to those that have them, I'm just not a fan.

"Rodgers minus Favre, Just Packers Glory Baby!! ;)"

Mike

Squad51
09-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Try the guys that do the MHM covers- Jim Bortz, et al.

Always keep in mind the future uses of your drawing/illustration. Big, dumb, and simple often is more effective than foof-and-nuance.

Consider if the colors and tone values will reproduce well and consistently by crt monitor, inkjet, litho, and flexo process on publication, promo, packaging, and decal stocks? It is not always a slam dunk, even with all the latest stuff.

A good artist can help you with this.

Dhermo31
09-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Check out the Tattoo City web site. They are located in Lockport, IL. Brent did a tattoo on me of a musky along with a fall northwoods scene. I posted it on here earlier this year. He did a great job. The pic of the tattoo is on their site. Drew up everything himself. Check it out.

Dan H.

Steve Heiting
09-17-2009, 08:37 AM
Jim Bortz and Rodd Umlauf are excellent at this sort of thing. Jim did the University of Esox logo for Saric and me, and Rodd did the fish that is part of MHM's registered trademark.

That said, Bortz is on some kind of art tour and gone for a month or so. Umlauf has done more logos for companies in the musky industry than you realize and charges much less than I think he should.

http://jimbortzart.blogspot.com/

http://www.umlaufstudio.com/

Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Ruff fish
09-17-2009, 02:13 PM
>Try the guys that do the MHM covers- Jim Bortz, et al.
>
>Always keep in mind the future uses of your
>drawing/illustration. Big, dumb, and simple often is more
>effective than foof-and-nuance.
>
>Consider if the colors and tone values will reproduce well
>and consistently by crt monitor, inkjet, litho, and flexo
>process on publication, promo, packaging, and decal stocks?
>It is not always a slam dunk, even with all the latest
>stuff.
>
>A good artist can help you with this.
Hey Squad51,

Don't tell me you changed your avatar. I loved seeing the old squad truck on your posts!

Is that tat on your ankle, or somebody elses? Bring back the ol' Dodge :)

MuskyMaven
09-17-2009, 07:28 PM
I can second Rod Umlauf. I had him draw up a creeper lure that I could incorporate into my "logo" and it turned out just as I wanted it and like Steve mentioned, very reasonable on price. I was actually thinking it was going to cost more than it did. Its also cool to have a hand drawn original signed by an artist like Umlauf!

AWH
09-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Another thumbs up for Rod Umlauf. As Steve said, he charges less than he should. Easy to work with and he does great work. He did the musky in my MTO logo and I had a local graphics place do the background.

Aaron

Squad51
09-18-2009, 07:24 AM
RF, objection is noted. No I do not have a MOPAR logo tat on my ankle, but I am sure she is the ultimate woman. hmmm maybe she has an older sister???

Ruff fish
09-18-2009, 10:42 AM
>RF, objection is noted. No I do not have a MOPAR logo tat on
>my ankle, but I am sure she is the ultimate woman. hmmm
>maybe she has an older sister???

Hey S51,

I couldn't even tell what the tat was. :)

I had considered a pentastar tat when I was younger. I'm kinda glad that I never got any, though. Balding fat guy with tat, who wants to see that??

I bought an old Dodge W100 to plow snow here at work last year. Red 1974. We nicknamed it "Squad51", even picked up an old, large rotating yellow beacon for the roof - period correct kinda thing...

row troller
09-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Just steal the musky hunter logo...everybody else has}>

just kidding;)