PDA

View Full Version : Bears fans disappointed.

MuskyHopeful
09-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Chicago Bears fans were disappointed today when Bears quarterback Jay Cutler played quarterback for most of the game more like what would be expected from former Bears kicker Kevin Butler if he were to line up under center. Cutler like Butler, wears the number 6, and is a whiny crybaby much like the kicker was years before him.

Actually a tough, tough game. Both defenses looked good. The Packers are fortunate to win after the way their O line played and the dropped passes. Cutler cost the Bears the game.

Rogers took a beating and kept on going. The shot from Urlacher early in the game was a stunner.

Kevin

Ozbie
09-13-2009, 09:54 PM
>Chicago Bears fans were disappointed today when Bears
>quarterback Jay Cutler played quarterback for most of the
>game more like what would be expected from former Bears
>kicker Kevin Butler if he were to line up under center.
>Cutler like Butler, wears the number 6, and is a whiny
>crybaby much like the kicker was years before him.
>
>Actually a tough, tough game. Both defenses looked good.
>The Packers are fortunate to win after the way their O line
>played and the dropped passes. Cutler cost the Bears the
>game.
>
>Rogers took a beating and kept on going. The shot from
>Urlacher early in the game was a stunner.
>
>Kevin

Yep, the pack stole one on their own field....tough loss for the Bears...but good to see the defense really back....going to be a good season for the Bears.

upnorth
09-13-2009, 11:02 PM
I think Cutler has been infected with the dreaded Chicago Bears quarterback curse.
He did complete a few passes. Too bad they were to the Packers defense.:P

chuckski
09-13-2009, 11:02 PM
In tight games you can't make mistakes and win.
1. Rodgers over throwing wide open receivers.
2.Collins miss plays on the Hester TD catch.
3 Crosby missed FG.
4 Bad O line play.
Lots of mistakes by the Packers.
As far as the bears goes
1. wasting time outs and challuges.
2.Bad play by Cutler and his receivers.
Good thing for the Packers to win after playing so bad.

gdesario
09-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Wow, Bears D played extremely well. Vasher is a waste of a human being, not really, but I am that angry that he pissed away a great performance by the D. He better be on the bench next week.

Cutler and his receivers are definitely not on the same page, but I expected to see some of what we saw. He made some great throws. There were several instances were receivers stopped mid-route or dropped 3rd passes that would have been first downs. I think Cutler was expecting receivers to be in certain spots, that was why the interceptions look so bad.

Packers missed some opportunities as well. I think both teams O-lines were terrible. Neither could rush the ball.
Packers did a good job taking Olsen out of the equation. I was impressed how the Bears moved the ball and also how difficult they made things for Rodgers.

Any way you look at it, Bears blew one tonight, should have stole this game. Packers made the play they needed to win. Vasher is a pile of crap.

REPETESPINNERMAN
09-14-2009, 07:06 AM
>Wow, Bears D played extremely well. Vasher is a waste of a
>human being, not really, but I am that angry that he pissed
>away a great performance by the D. He better be on the
>bench next week.
>
>Cutler and his receivers are definitely not on the same
>page, but I expected to see some of what we saw. He made
>some great throws. There were several instances were
>receivers stopped mid-route or dropped 3rd passes that would
>have been first downs. I think Cutler was expecting
>receivers to be in certain spots, that was why the
>interceptions look so bad.
>
>Packers missed some opportunities as well. I think both
>teams O-lines were terrible. Neither could rush the ball.
>Packers did a good job taking Olsen out of the equation. I
>was impressed how the Bears moved the ball and also how
>difficult they made things for Rodgers.
>
>Any way you look at it, Bears blew one tonight, should have
>stole this game. Packers made the play they needed to win.
>Vasher is a pile of crap.

I agree...said it in the other post...both defenses looked pretty damn good. Great great game. The Packers O line wan't all bad though. 90% of the rush came over one guy-Allen Barbre. Man he stunk up the place!

I know I know...we're not supposed to talk about bad calls...but c'mon!!!! What was with the ref not calling an illegal formation on the Bears on that 3rd down play, when the play was RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, and then he calls an illegal touch 4 yards off the line on the same play??!?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!!! THAT was UN-REAL. This ref is standing right on the line and is looking directly at two recievers that are off the line and he doesn't blow the whistle. This refs first/main pre snap job is to check the formation. That is simply AMAZING that he doesn't blow the whistle. When he followed up that no-call with a flag on a perfectly legal bump, I gotta ask...how much is that ref getting paid to throw the game?

The same exact ref gave Cutler the yardage on that 4th down play that the Packers stopped Cutler for a yard loss! Watch the replay on that and tell me Cutler got the first. You actually can see the ref on the other side mark him a yard short!

The hit on Rodgers when he slid...no call? Give me a break. Not only did he hit him after he was down but he led with his helmet. x(

No...I'm not one to talk a lot about the refs or bad calls...but that game was just insane.

-------------------
I'm not up to the challenge anymore. I can play, but I'm not up to the challenge. Believe me, I've questioned my decision. I believe it's the right decision. AND THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO OR SAY TO CHANGE THAT.

Brett Favre Retirement Press Conference #1 Transcript - March 6, 2008

We'll never forget you Brent.

Jolly Roger
09-14-2009, 07:33 AM
Modus Operandi

*routine: an unvarying or habitual method or procedure.

maybe alcohol related.

:7

esox1750
09-14-2009, 07:42 AM
All in all I thought it was excellent defense played by both teams! Green Bay needs to do something about Barbre at right tackle...Rodgers could have done alot more with some time!!! Some calls by the refs were a joke, but i think that it was equally bad for both teams...

Had Crosby made that kick, Rodgers not underthrown one for a TD and overthrown another, thats what the real score should have read!!!!

See you in December bears fans!!

John

BLL_BIGFISH
09-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Fact is the Packers played relatively poorly on offense and still won... largely due to good defensive play.

On the upside, they didn't turn the ball over. The play-calling was offensive... and not in a good way. Running Grant inside is a waste of time... period!

The offensive line had issues that seemed to be getting corrected by the end of the game... I offer the last Packer touchdown as evidence.

Receivers dropped balls they would normally have caught... that kept the Bears a lot closer than they should have been.

The hit on Rogers by Erlacher (after he threw a pass) was crushing. I'll bet Rogers is feeling it today. Erlacher could have let up, but certainly didn't!

jonnysled
09-14-2009, 08:26 AM
one of those ugly wins we'll need 3 or 4 of this season. the play to jennings was HUGE for the psyche of Rodgers and that team.

i called it to be a defensive game hoping to see ours put the ball into Rodger's hands to overturn the field-position game that hurt us so badly last season. i was partly correct, but the dropped passes and play of the right tackle seemed almost to put Rodgers back on his heels holding the ball longer and it almost seemed in the 3rd quarter that i was watching last year's team again. glad to see them pull out of the funk to win it though.

i really think that the learning that they can win while not playing like they did to gain the hype will go a long ways for this team ... imagine if they had played with everything going their way like it did in the pre-season.

al harris ... gotta give him credit. he got into the head of the bear receivers at the l.o.s. and made a huge play. johnie jolly played great all night ...

oh, and ozbie ... look at the driver deep ball, he quit and the ball was actually thrown on target if he keeps moving. he played like crap ... albeit uncharacteristic. driver stunk the place up last night. jordy nelson is a stud.

REPETESPINNERMAN
09-14-2009, 08:56 AM
>one of those ugly wins we'll need 3 or 4 of this season.
>the play to jennings was HUGE for the psyche of Rodgers and
>that team.
>
>i called it to be a defensive game hoping to see ours put
>the ball into Rodger's hands to overturn the field-position
>game that hurt us so badly last season. i was partly
>correct, but the dropped passes and play of the right tackle
>seemed almost to put Rodgers back on his heels holding the
>ball longer and it almost seemed in the 3rd quarter that i
>was watching last year's team again. glad to see them pull
>out of the funk to win it though.
>
>i really think that the learning that they can win while not
>playing like they did to gain the hype will go a long ways
>for this team ... imagine if they had played with everything
>going their way like it did in the pre-season.
>
>al harris ... gotta give him credit. he got into the head
>of the bear receivers at the l.o.s. and made a huge play.
>johnie jolly played great all night ...
>
>oh, and ozbie ... look at the driver deep ball, he quit and
>the ball was actually thrown on target if he keeps moving.
>he played like crap ... albeit uncharacteristic. driver
>stunk the place up last night. jordy nelson is a stud.

Actually...Nelson also was VERY slow out of his break on the other long toss. Very slow.

...but I'm no less excited about this offense than I was earlier. Get that right tackle taken care of and they'll be "just fine". (to say the least IMO)

Think about the big plays they're getting on defense sled. Almost every one of the linebackers are making big plays. Bears fans should know better than anyone...athletic linebackers can really make a defense. Any one of those d-linemen could easily make the pro-bowl. Jenkins and Jolly are flat out beasts. Now add Radji to the mix? They'll be very difficult to deal with.

-------------------
I'm not up to the challenge anymore. I can play, but I'm not up to the challenge. Believe me, I've questioned my decision. I believe it's the right decision. AND THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO OR SAY TO CHANGE THAT.

MuskyHopeful
09-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Sled's right. Driver absolutely slowed down on the long throw just long enough to ruin the play.

Cullen Jenkins played like a stud, too. With Picket, Jenkins, Jolly, and then Raji if he is anything, the D looks promising. Woodson played great. Harris was good, and Williams had a nice game though he should spend this week catching balls from the jugs machine.

Kevin

Shep
09-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Good defensive game. I think Woodson was not great, but made e few plays, and was a no show on a few, also. The D'line played stellar all night. Jolly has really stepped up this year. Maybe less on his mind? Jenkins is going to talked about alot, if he can finally stay healthy for a whole year. It will be nice to Raji back to spell Pickett, and to give another look. Dom Capers has done a great job with this group of guys. Awesome to watch this happen.

Ditto on Driver. He had an off game for him. Jennings is very good. Right side of the O'line looked slow off the snap. Babre looked like he had cement shoes on. That needs to be fixed.

Didn't like the fact that after the first series, MM stopped running the ball. Then later, when Grant was efrfective, he stopped giving him the ball. 16 carries is not enough. I also think Grant got dinged on one of those almost late hits in the second quarter.

Officiating was bad. Non-call on the illeagal formation, then call Harris for illegal contact which was right at 5 yards? Bad, bad calls. The non-call on Rodger's slide? Definately should have been a 15 yarder on that one.

Good teams find a way to win. And is this Rodgers 3rd 4th quarter comeback? They said both Detroit games last year. I know the last game was, for sure. All we heard was he didn't lead any game winning drives. I thight he lead several, but the d gave them away. I'm not worried about Rodgers. He is the best in the conference, without a doubt.

Steve Heiting
09-14-2009, 10:31 AM
From what I've watched of Week 1:

Typical Packer/Bears game where anything can happen and did. Rodgers was rattled early and Barbre had a lot to do with that. If he doesn't play better or they don't replace him, the Packers don't need to worry about the post-season because they'll have no "skill" players left. They got killed last night. Ogunleye absolutely schooled Barbre. The Packers' defense looked great but Cutler helped. Will he become yet another Bears QB castoff? Does Kyle Orton look so terrible anymore? is Chicago the place where quarterbacks go to kill their careers, just as Detroit is where good coaches do likewise? Finally, the officiating was terrible.

Vikings/Browns: Offensively the Vikings did exactly what they need to do all season to win. The offense goes through Peterson, not Favre. However, the body language of the Browns' defense kinda looked like they gave up late in the third quarter, as if they were accepting their fate. And the Browns offense ... this is supposed to be a pro team, right?

Lions/Saints: All I can say to the Lions fans is you could have had Sanchez.

Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

REPETESPINNERMAN
09-14-2009, 10:48 AM
You notice how Rodgers drew the attention to himself after the game when asked about the O-lines shortcomings? When asked about the O line play he completely fell on the sword. It was funny, they showed the replay and have him on tape calling out protection before that one sack...and sure enough...they miss the block and the number he called out got to him! Yet, after the game he's trying to tell reporters it was him that missed those calls that caused those sacks. The guy shows the class that's been lacking at that position for 16 years.

I think back to how brent would actually call out rookies right on the field after a play. From supposed wrong routes to missed blocks he made sure everyone knew it wasn't HIM that screwed up! WHAT A POS.

-------------------

homer
09-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Arent we done with #4 yet spinnerboy? You tell everyone else to let him go but you will not.

Fishunt
09-14-2009, 12:04 PM
The officiating was horrible with many missed holds and phantom penalties for illegal contact, etc. Look at the penalty ratio. The Bears only got flags for dirty afterplay and one alignment issue.

The Packer secondary played coverage poorly while they did stuff the run and put some pressure on Cutler who was the Packers best defensive weapon. We had safeties playing 15 yards off receivers that were 15 yards downfield.

The running game needs to move off tackle and sweep when a defense is packing and blitzing up the middle. The offensive playcallers missed the boat. Anyone else wishing for Sutton to be back after watching Wynn show no escapability again this year?

Urlacher showed his true colors with the cheap hit on Rodgers a step and a half after release. Just because it wasn't called doesn't mean it wasn't late (See point #1).

Aaron Rodgers pressed after the unfortunate over and underthrows of wide open receivers and when he was on, the receivers dropped the ball. They got away from the ball-control passing with select shots downfield and tried to go big all the time until the last drive.

Anyone else enjoy Chris Collingsworth's comments on Cutler...?

S. Westenberg

upnorth
09-14-2009, 12:10 PM
>Arent we done with #4 yet spinnerboy? You tell everyone
>else to let him go but you will not.

Can you say.... MAN CRUSH!!!
:P

MuskyHopeful
09-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Did anyone else hate that squib kick after the TD to Jennings as much as I did? Letting them start on the 38 with over a minute to go is just stupid. Crosby was kicking them to or into the end zone for God's sake. Trust your special teams that had played well all night. Glad that decision didn't bite them in the #####.

Kevin

jonnysled
09-14-2009, 01:18 PM
>Did anyone else hate that squib kick after the TD to
>Jennings as much as I did? Letting them start on the 38
>with over a minute to go is just stupid. Crosby was kicking
>them to or into the end zone for God's sake. Trust your
>special teams that had played well all night. Glad that
>decision didn't bite them in the #####.
>
>Kevin

i think it was a move that was taught at the Head-Coaching Seminars over the off-season.

MuskyHopeful
09-14-2009, 05:27 PM
>>Did anyone else hate that squib kick after the TD to
>>Jennings as much as I did? Letting them start on the 38
>>with over a minute to go is just stupid. Crosby was kicking
>>them to or into the end zone for God's sake. Trust your
>>special teams that had played well all night. Glad that
>>decision didn't bite them in the #####.
>>
>>Kevin
>
>i think it was a move that was taught at the Head-Coaching
>Seminars over the off-season.

That, the prevent defense, and letting 16 seconds run off the clock to the two minute warning so you don't have to burn a timeout.

Kevin