PDA

View Full Version : Packers win/loss for the regular season

BLL_BIGFISH
09-13-2009, 03:40 PM
I've been pessimistic over the past couple of seasons... until through the pre-season this year. Here's my best call for the regular season:

Packers win = 12 games
Packers lose = 4 games

In the past I would have said this was very optimistic, but I feel the above may actually be pessimistic... hoping for 14 wins or more with a few breaks! (of course all this depends upon Rogers staying healthy... which I have to assume will happen)

Tonight... Packers 31, Bears 17.

The key is the defense... the offense will be better than expected, but the defense much better than anticipated.

We'll know more tonight after the Packers/Bears game, but I had to post prior to that game!

Ozbie
09-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Very optimistic after a 6-10 season, kinda like the lions hoping for 8-8 this year....should be interesting....

T Bone
09-13-2009, 04:12 PM
9-7 maybe 10-6 if they stay fairly healthy

chuckski
09-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Over the years a few teams have had 10 win swings,this year if things work out were talking a 6 win swing. It can happen! Let the gaames begain.

upnorth
09-13-2009, 11:07 PM
Last year I correctly predicted 6-10 but with the much improved defense and without a lot of injuries I will give them 12-4 this year.

upnorth
09-13-2009, 11:13 PM
>I've been pessimistic over the past couple of seasons...
>until through the pre-season this year. Here's my best call
>for the regular season:
>
>Packers win = 12 games
>Packers lose = 4 games
>
>In the past I would have said this was very optimistic, but
>I feel the above may actually be pessimistic... hoping for
>14 wins or more with a few breaks! (of course all this
>depends upon Rogers staying healthy... which I have to
>assume will happen)
>
>Tonight... Packers 31, Bears 17.
>
>The key is the defense... the offense will be better than
>expected, but the defense much better than anticipated.
>We'll know more tonight after the Packers/Bears game, but I
>had to post prior to that game!

Hey Bruce,
If Al Harris would have beat Cutler for the touchdown on that last interception you would have been very close with your prediction!!!

pointerpride102
09-13-2009, 11:54 PM
I'll agree with you this year Bill! Going to be a good year and a lot of whinny posts by the Bear yahoos.

"Rodgers minus Favre, Just Packers Glory Baby!! ;)"

Mike

BLL_BIGFISH
09-14-2009, 07:19 AM
"Hey Bruce,
If Al Harris would have beat Cutler for the touchdown on that last interception you would have been very close with your prediction!!!"

Obviously the offense didn't play to potential. Give some credit to the Bears for part of that... but Rogers flat missed two touchdown passes early. (both times had receivers 5 yards behind the defenders... missed long the first time and short the second time)

You also have to keep in mind Packer receivers dropped several passes early in the game. That set the tone for a difficult offensive game. You could see Rogers frustration. They should have been up by 20 points by half-time.

That said, the defense was the differentiator... nothing like last season, with most of the same personnel playing. Just shows what coaching and defensive play calling can do!

And yes... could have easily been a defensive touchdown by Harris at the end.

Of course, the Bears touchdown drive should have also been stopped earlier, but what appeared to be a poor officiating call kept alive the only Bear drive for a touchdown.

I really believed the Packers would score closer to 40 points, and they should have. I just didn't want to rub it in for the Bears fans.

Bears fans can take solace in that their offense showed some sparks, but I suspect they're going to have a very long season. Their defensive backfield is not very good, their inside run defense went away as soon as they lost their starting middle linebacker.

I was really disappointed that the Packers cut Sutton. I felt he would have run much more effectively than Grant against the Bears. In fact, I'd say he was generally a much better runner "inside" than Grant, who seems to me to be more effective on the outside.

I'm now much more worried about the Vikings than the Bears. I still think Aaron Rogers (versus Favre) is the better QB at this stage.

REPETESPINNERMAN
09-14-2009, 08:28 AM
>I was really disappointed that the Packers cut Sutton. I
>felt he would have run much more effectively than Grant
>against the Bears. In fact, I'd say he was generally a much
>better runner "inside" than Grant, who seems to me to be
>more effective on the outside.

Jackson will be back soon...and he BETTER get more playing time this year. Grant consistantly turns big plays into small ones.

-------------------
I'm not up to the challenge anymore. I can play, but I'm not up to the challenge. Believe me, I've questioned my decision. I believe it's the right decision. AND THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO OR SAY TO CHANGE THAT.

Brett Favre Retirement Press Conference #1 Transcript - March 6, 2008

We'll never forget you Brent.

Sackett
09-14-2009, 10:54 AM
8-8. Vikings will be the first team to clinch a playoff spot in the NFC.

tonycar17
09-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Gentlemen, what you saw last night will in all likelihood be the worst you see this Packers offense play the entire year. They certainly need to get the RT position fixed - either Barbre has to pull his head out or they need to give him some help or get someone else in there - been a long time since I saw a RT have that much of an impact on a game.

Rodgers was uncharacteristically erratic in his throws most of the evening. Much of that had to do with the poor play by Barbre and even more in my mind with the large number of drops by a normally sure-handed receiving corp. Nelson dropped a few, Driver dropped a few, etc. and that all plays into the QB's psyche. If a couple of the long throws had been completed early, this game would have turned into a woodshed job.

Would have liked to see more commitment to the running game - especially early in both halves.

The D played great - couple of misplays - Woodson letting Knox blow by him and the misplay (bad angle, cramp?) by Collins on the Hester TD. That ball was a lollipop and should have been a pick.

All in all, I am actually more encouraged for this season after watching Rodgers pull it out and the D hold at the end. I think the Pack will relatively easily post 11 wins and 12 or 13 is not outof the question.

TC

MuskyHopeful
09-14-2009, 01:09 PM
29-0 and they sweep through March Madness to win the National Championship.

Kevin

TJB
09-16-2009, 05:04 PM
19-0 with the Superbowl win !!!

Go Pack !!!

Bubs
09-16-2009, 06:22 PM
GB = 10&6

BLL_BIGFISH
01-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Well... I missed my call on the Packer season that I made prior to the first regular season game, but overall, especially based on the early performances, I wasn't too far off after all.

I'm more concerned about the defense than the offense this weekend... hoping they can hold Arizona to less than 24 points, as I think the Packers will score at least that many.

Bruce

"I've been pessimistic over the past couple of seasons... until through the pre-season this year. Here's my best call for the regular season:

Packers win = 12 games
Packers lose = 4 games

In the past I would have said this was very optimistic, but I feel the above may actually be pessimistic... hoping for 14 wins or more with a few breaks! (of course all this depends upon Rogers staying healthy... which I have to assume will happen)

Tonight... Packers 31, Bears 17.

The key is the defense... the offense will be better than expected, but the defense much better than anticipated.

We'll know more tonight after the Packers/Bears game, but I had to post prior to that game!

Bruce"

ShaneW
01-06-2010, 06:55 AM
My predictions can be found in the Bears vs. Packers thread earlier this year but I had the Vikings at 11-5, the Packers at 10-6, and the Bears at 9-7.

Both the Vikes and the Packers finished better than I had thought and the Bears were much worse. I knew there was no way the Bears would finish ahead of the Packers but I didn't think that they would take this big of a step back. I still think the Cutler deal was the right thing to do but they are getting old and need a lot of work in a lot of areas.

The scary thing for all of the teams next year is the quality of the non-division opponents goes way up. Instead of getting the Cleveland Browns and St. Louis Rams the schedule includes the NFC and AFC East teams. Much tougher schedules all around.

Shane